TGIF!!! I hope everyone is safe from the weather ravaging parts of the country! That flooding is so scary. Shifting topics, lets jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- I’ll probably talk about writing, or lack of it, next week. Maybe.
- Some good news. Wizard’s MRI and CT scans of his back came back with no new problems. We are so relieved. He has had chronic pain in his feet from his back, which was the original reason he was seeing the surgeon. He needs to do one more test, and then discuss options to control the pain. But overall the news is good. His back has been feeling better for two weeks so whatever happened to cause that bout of spasms and pain healed up.
- Monday, I ran all over looking for a dress for my niece’s wedding shower this Saturday. I tried TJ Maxx, Nordstrom’s Rack and in desperation, another mall. FAIL, and a wasted day. I finally ordered two dresses from Amazon and if one fits, yay. If not, I can wear some black pants in my closet then go have a good time.
- Oldest son video called one night and I was in the middle of yoga. He got a view of me sweaty–but I wanted to talk to Turbo, so too bad. The next night he called to ask me something, but I was trying to figure out how to make a fondant rose so he and Wizard talked. The third night he called to ask me the question and I was painting the edges of a fondant rose in gold lust dust. He laughed and said, “You and dad are living the dream.” I suspect that deep in my kid’s hearts, they think we are sitting by the phone in case one of them calls…and it’s a shock every time they realize we are actually living out lives. By the way, he rarely calls three days in a row like that. It was just the way it worked out.
- Sunday, Oldest and Turbo might come over (that was the question he was trying to ask), but if they don’t, I’m going to try making a cute pig out of fondant. Since I can’t draw or paint or sculpt and have zero art skills, I’m think this should go well…lolol! If I can’t do it, that’s what molds are for. But I wanted to try.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!