Friday, September 10th, 2021
TGIF! I can’t believe it’s Friday again! Okay lets jump into sharing five random things around our week. Here’s mine:
- I wrote a page yesterday in Primal Magic. One page and I’m okay with that.
- On Wednesday, Wizard made gook on his promise to Turbo and went to see him. Turbo was so happy to have Grandpa come so he could show him his Lego police cars that he forgot to bring on Monday. Wizard also brought him a new police car because obviously, Turbo can’t have too many of them. They had such a good time together. I had to stay home and wait for a delivery, but I also wanted Wizard to have the one-on-one time. Turbo stayed home from preschool for a couple days for minor sniffles. They have very strict rules on illnesses at preschool, which is understandable.
- Most of you may have seen it on my FB, but I made a monkey out of fondant–it was actually my second attempt and a little better than my pig. I’m enjoying the challenge, and each time I figure out more about how to make 3D figures. Biker Witch asked me to try making an Eeyore so I may give it a shot this weekend. I need a LOT of practice, LOL.
- I found a dress on Nordstrom’s Rack for a crazy good price ($39.00!) on Nordstrom’s Rack yesterday and ordered it. They only had one size left and it may be small, but it’s worth a try. This will be for my niece’s wedding in November. I sure as heck don’t want to go out and try on clothes again.
- I really, REALLY need to clean out my closet. A lot of my dresses have been shrunken by the closet trolls (or the cakes and cookies I may have eaten), but I’m having a hard time getting rid of them. Same with some shirts. I need to give up the dream that I will suddenly wake up young, skinny and able to wear everything in my closet. To my credit, I have gotten rid of most of my high heels.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
September 10th, 2021 at 10:00 am · Link
Happy Friday. How is that even possible? That it’s Friday, I mean. Hey, a page is a page! Yay for Wiz/Turbo Time. Yay for monkey, pigs, and Eeyores. I hate buying clothes but yay for a dress–hope it fits–and ugh on closet cleaning. Me too. Okay. My five.
1. Baseball last night. Stormy got two hits, one of them hard that was a double, and he got some runs in so RBIs!
2. I’ve been off the computer mostly this week. Between left shoulder and right wrist carpal tunnel, I figured I’d give my body a break. Still some about 2K words in so there’s that.
3. I ordered new “camp chairs.” The ones we have are fine but for the stupid “sacks” they go in for transport, which are all ripped at the seams. I found a set reasonably priced that come with canopies which act as the “bag.” Fold the chair, buckled the canopy around it, heft the shoulder strap and you’re off. They’re supposed to arrive by the 20th.
4. While avoiding the computer, I haven’t avoided my office. The furniture placement and logistics of moving stuff around is driving me crazy. I want a different view out the window, which is complicated by a) placement of HVAC vent and b) the hutch on my desk. I think I’ve figure it out. I’m going to simply swivel it so that the desk faces the wall currently on my right (desk is in a corner). I’ll then be able to have a full view out the window by simply turning to my left. However, the next problem is figuring out placement of the TV armoir, book cases, file cabinets, etc. ie. THIS has to move there, but THAT has to be moved before THIS can go there. And it’s an endless cycle. I’m getting closer. Now all I have to do is actually sort through all the crap, get organized and move it. LG is feeling much better so he’ll be able to lift and shove by the time I get around to it.
5. And finally, on a bit of a weirdly happy note, I have a pink rosebud blooming on my antique rose bush. It’s September. Go figure!
I’ll be hiding from the news most of this weekend. Anniversaries like tomorrow always dominate and I’m just not in the right headspace due to all the stuff in the world right now. I’ll be listening to some favorite books, watching some baseball, and maybe actually getting started on the hoarder’s cave that is my office. LOLOL Have a good one, all! 🥰
September 10th, 2021 at 3:00 pm · Link
1. One page is a page 🥰.
2. Wizard is so sweet adding to Turbo’s police car collection 😊. I bet Turbo was super happy. It’s nice that they got the one on one time.
3. Biker Witch is so smart! I hope you do Eeyore. I’d love to see him.
4. That is one heck of a good price for a dress. I hope it turns out to be exactly what you want. You will show us, right?
5. Totally agree one cleaning out the closet. I dumped all the high heels years ago 😁.
1a. I cleaned the deck windows again. It kills me how rain makes them so dirty SO fast. It’s nice to look out and not be filtered.
2a. My mother got nailed by a troll. He had an accent but she still let him into step dad’s computer FOR 2 1/2 hrs before she caught on. I think the creeps troll the obituaries and got her that way. Man I hope they didn’t get all her money.
3a. Tonight is a dinner night that Spunk loves. I’m making BLT’s and he loves bacon grease. So I break off a small pc of bacon and continually get the grease on my finger for him. He goes nuts.
4a. I may be getting my hair done tomorrow. It all depends on how DIL is feeling. She got bitten up by some sort of bug. And I mean bitten everywhere there was exposed skin. She is black and blue and swollen and itching. She did go to the Dr. this morning and they gave her meds.
5a. I started putting out fall items today. Such as, changed the tablecloth and all the hands towels to fall themes. It looks comfy.
Have a wonderful weekend!
September 10th, 2021 at 4:55 pm · Link
Silver, a page is a page, if I keep going And at least I’m not stressed about the dress. If it doesn’t fit, I can return it and still have time to order something else.
1) Yay Stormy!!! 2 hits and RBIs! Gosh that takes me back to my days of keeping score little league.
2) You are so smart to take the break when your body tells you too. I hope the pain clears up.
3) Those should work great when they arrive. It’s such a pain to carry it all around, so good you found something convenient.
4) #4 exhausted me, LOL! My desk is sooo heavy we have to put it on rollers to move it. Hope you can get it all done AFTER your shoulder and wrist feel better.
5) Little weird to bloom in September (except here because CA is weird), but we’ll take it! Enjoy the beautiful rose bud!
Yeah, tomorrow will be tough for a lot of people. Do what you have to do, and I hope your weekend brings you some peace and enjoyment despite the anniversary.
September 10th, 2021 at 5:04 pm · Link
Viki, I did an elephant today and will attempt an eeyore if I can. I have a very limited skill set as of yet And sure, I’ll show you all the dress if you like. I didn’t think of that, LOL. I think it’s only a 50/50 chance it will fit–I’m not as consistent with sizing as I once was.
1) Clean windows are gorgeous but rare in my house, LOL. Especially on the slider from Maggie and Turbo. Yay you for doing it!
2) YIKES!! I’ve seen this happen to others, usually elderly. I’m so sorry and furious for your mom. And yeah they do troll the obituaries and service announcements. When my brother died, they robbed my sister in law’s house during the public memorial service. The police said it happened all the time.
3) I bet Spunk loves that! He’s a lucky kitty to have such a great mom.
4) Wow your poor daughter in law! I was bad from mosquitos including a little bruising but nothing as bad as her. She has my sympathies, the poor thing. Hopefully the meds will calm her reaction, and you’ll be able to get your hair done too. I wonder what bit her? It seems to be a bad year for that all around.
5) It’s awesome that you do that! I’m too lazy But it always looks so nice and feels like the season is changing even if the weather isn’t quite caught up.
I hope you have a good weekend!