TGIF! Let’s jump right in!
- I made fondant and modeling chocolate this week, then a made a rose from the modeling chocolate without a mold. I’m just doing stuff to build skills.
- I drove 30 miles to a cake decoration supply store and bakery. OMG I’m in love! I was excitedly telling my oldest son about it, and he pauses then asked, ” Mom are you going to buy the place?” I laughed and answered, “Nope I’m going to learn from them and have fun.” He LOVED that answer. He also loved that I don’t do a cake unless I want to do it. The kids have seen me do years and years of deadline and stress, so they are encouraging me to enjoy more. I’m listening to my kids…sometimes
- Poor Wizard. He’d be mad that I said that, but the man can’t get a break. So he’s in the middle of getting a dental crown and we realized something’s not quite right because even with the temporary on, he’s having pain after eating. So now the crown is on pause, and the dentist is sending him to another specialist to make sure he doesn’t need a root canal. It’s been that kind of year for him. Nothing is seriously wrong, but these things medical/dental twists and turns keep cropping up. But its way better to find out now before the permanent crown is on and they have to drill through that. The good news is, Wizard has a good attitude and is doing what he needs to do. I can’t ask for more than that.
- I found this picture of the cool new horse patrol in my town. I covered the name of the city/county in a little nod to safety (yes, I know determined people can track it–and then they’d find the police station of my town, LOL). Here are the horse patrol officers that make my day when I see them around town:
- We’re going to go see Turbo on Sunday (Halloween) in the morning for a while. It’ll be fun! In a weird coincidence of timing, I texted my daughter-in-law, hit send, and my son called one minute later. Total coincidence. Then while I’m talking to him, his wife called him to tell him I texted… We’re just a weird family. FYI: She wasn’t calling him in panic because her mother-in-law wanted to come over, she was checking his schedule before answering me We got it all worked out.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and all the kids out there have a safe and fun Halloween!