Friday, October 29th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump right in!
- I made fondant and modeling chocolate this week, then a made a rose from the modeling chocolate without a mold. I’m just doing stuff to build skills.
- I drove 30 miles to a cake decoration supply store and bakery. OMG I’m in love! I was excitedly telling my oldest son about it, and he pauses then asked, ” Mom are you going to buy the place?” I laughed and answered, “Nope I’m going to learn from them and have fun.” He LOVED that answer. He also loved that I don’t do a cake unless I want to do it. The kids have seen me do years and years of deadline and stress, so they are encouraging me to enjoy more. I’m listening to my kids…sometimes
- Poor Wizard. He’d be mad that I said that, but the man can’t get a break. So he’s in the middle of getting a dental crown and we realized something’s not quite right because even with the temporary on, he’s having pain after eating. So now the crown is on pause, and the dentist is sending him to another specialist to make sure he doesn’t need a root canal. It’s been that kind of year for him. Nothing is seriously wrong, but these things medical/dental twists and turns keep cropping up. But its way better to find out now before the permanent crown is on and they have to drill through that. The good news is, Wizard has a good attitude and is doing what he needs to do. I can’t ask for more than that.
- I found this picture of the cool new horse patrol in my town. I covered the name of the city/county in a little nod to safety (yes, I know determined people can track it–and then they’d find the police station of my town, LOL). Here are the horse patrol officers that make my day when I see them around town:
- We’re going to go see Turbo on Sunday (Halloween) in the morning for a while. It’ll be fun! In a weird coincidence of timing, I texted my daughter-in-law, hit send, and my son called one minute later. Total coincidence. Then while I’m talking to him, his wife called him to tell him I texted… We’re just a weird family. FYI: She wasn’t calling him in panic because her mother-in-law wanted to come over, she was checking his schedule before answering me We got it all worked out.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and all the kids out there have a safe and fun Halloween!
October 29th, 2021 at 10:18 am · Link
How can it be Friday already?!?!?! *flail* Enjoy learning from the new place, yay for awesome family, love the horse patrol, and poor Wiz. I hope the dental stuff gets fixed soon. Okay. Five things, huh?
1. I had a crazy dream the other night. Suffice it to say it involved a Siberian Husky, walking the branch of the tree that overhangs our house, jumping to the roof, running to the front yard, jumping down and shifting into a teenaged boy. Now, the WEIRD part was the Converse high tops on the husky’s back feet and the bright red baseball sliding mitts (they look like plastic oven mitts) on the dog’s front paws and the fact the kid was still wearing them when he shifted.
2. Weather cooled off. That’s a big yay. Except for the wind. We had 60 mph wind gusts yesterday. Ugh.
3. I had a looming deadline that was extended until next year. Yay for me but I feel a little bad for the readers that thought I’d have something new next month. It’s a BIG relief so maybe Iffy will start to cooperate and I can actually get some writing done. We’ll see.
4. LG and I spent about an hour the other day surveying my office (formally Only’s bedroom) and trying to figure out how to “fix” things. Half the stuff in here is hers. I can’t go any further with rearranging or sorting my stuff until all her stuff is out–and a lot of it could be shredded or passed on to the thrift store–but she has no room at her place because they’re packrats. LOL Anyway, even though we’ve cleared out a bunch, we don’t have anyplace to stack boxes either. It’s a conundrum. Maybe I’ll clean out my closet.
5. Once again, I come to #5 and have nothing else to share because…boring life. Instead, I leave you with this thought for the day: Blessed are those that laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be entertained.
October 29th, 2021 at 3:11 pm · Link
1. It’s great that you have taught yourself this new skill and are continuing to build upon it. You definitely seem to be enjoying it .
2. Ha ha – love eldest asking if you were buying the store. That’s priceless.
3. Poor Wizard. I hope that he is not suffering and that the root canal (if needed) is done right away so he can get back to normal asap.
4. I love the photo of your mounted patrol. It would make me feel safe having them around.
5. Glad you’re getting to go see Turbo Sunday. Let us know on Monday what he dressed up as for trick or treat. That’s funny how you all connect like that.
1a. The weather is causing me major aches. I even went for a massage but not really any relief.
2a. Packed up another bag of stuff to give to Easter Seals. I also have some old flannel sheets that I’m going to give to the local shelter for the dogs.
3a. We’re supposed to go to Harrison’s Sunday and be there by 5 for trick or treat. He was going to be this puppet full size style t-rex but decided it would be too hard to walk around the block. He would get tired real quick. So he is now going to be Indiana Jones. Of course his dad has all the props.
4a. My insurance is only going to go up $30/month this year. The downside is that some providers are gone and I can no longer go to CVS.
5a. Just ordered a new pair of new balance shoes for my workouts on the ellipse. Sure hope they fit. I do not like returning things ;).
Have a great weekend and A Very Happy Halloween!
October 30th, 2021 at 11:49 am · Link
Silver, thanks! Sorry I’m a bit late, yesterday slipped by while I was reading a book Now onto you:
1) That was one strange dream! I laughed when you said the weirdest part was the oven mits staying on after he shifted. Yep, that’s a writer for you–not the fact that a boy shifted into wolf but that the details weren’t accurate.
2) Cooler weather is great, but the wind is problematic. Hope you didn’t have any issues.
3) Sometimes getting the pressure off helps up be more creative. Fingers crossed!
4) That’s definitely a problem. And can I just say that you are MUCH nicer as a parent that we are, LOL. Once they bought a house, we packed it up and took it to them. But in our defense, we never claimed to be nice! Maybe you guys can split the cost of a storage space or something? Or have a weekend party to go through it all and figure out what to keep and what to donate?
5) You’re not boring and I love the quote! I always think of things to share AFTER I’ve posted. It’s just how life works.
Hope you are having a good weekend!
October 30th, 2021 at 12:06 pm · Link
Viki, I am enjoying it, and making sure I keep enjoying it so I only do it when I have something I really want to do. And on Turbo, he wore his costume to preschool yesterday and his mom sent us pics–he’s a policeman and freaking adorable. Turbo’s big into all things police right now. Now for you:
1) Weather will do that. I’m sorry I hope the aches get better soon. I’ve had a little of that and fatigue that sometimes happens.
2) The shelter and dogs will love the sheets! They usually don’t have enough blankets, and flannel sheets work too. Very soft and warm.
3) I love Harrison going as Indiana Jones! That’s so cute! The T-Rex would have been cute too, but it does sound more tiring since it’s a bigger costume. Hope you guys have fun!!
4) Ugh. Mine is going up more than $50.00 and more copays.
5) I’m with you and hate returning things. I hope the shoes fit and feel as you hope. I love my running shoes, and they have made a huge difference on my joints and more specifically my crappy ankle.
Have fun with Harrison and a great weekend!