Friday, December 10th, 2021
TGIF! And let’s leap right into sharing five random things about our week:
- I think I’m going to give in and do Christmas cards I will order some because it reduces the strain on my shoulder and neck to limit the handwriting. I’m just annoyed that Wizard and I had year to get a picture and never did. But I want to send out cards…or Wizard is trying to brainwash me into doing it, LOL! Maybe he whispers it while I sleep? I don’t mind.
- I don’t WANT pictures of me. Especially right now. I fought some depression over writing, and guess what I did? Any guesses? I baked and ate. (Baking is fine, it’s the eating part that’s a problem!)
- Interesting problem to have: I like working with fondant (for cake decorating), but don’t like eating cake with it. I personally find buttercream cakes more elegant and tasty, but fondant is a lot of fun. Wizard, however, likes fondant a lot. Different tastes.
- I tried to take Maggie’s picture with Santa…it didn’t go well. She objected strenuously:
- We’re going to see Turbo on Saturday. Wizard arranged it this time, which makes me very happy.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope you have a great weekend!
P.S. we had a smidge of rain!
December 10th, 2021 at 2:48 pm · Link
Yay for Christmas cards! Eh, so you added a little more of you this year. More to love. Not a fan of eating fondant either, but you can’t make things with buttercream, so fondant is tolerable. LOL, Maggie is NOT a fan of Santa. Yay for Turbo time! =o)
1) I’m not a creative baker. As long as it tastes yummy, I don’t really care what it looks like. Lucky for me, Hubs doesn’t care either. Yay.
2) After dragging my feet over every bit of this edit round, I ditched it and went another way. Now, I’m actually interested in editing this thing again.
3) Stupid post office lost my paycheck again. They cut another one and it’s on its way, but gah.
4) A neighbor brought us a really yummy coffee cake with cream cheese in the middle. It was a thank-you for something Hubs did for them, but he’s sharing with me. =o)
5) It’s actually warm and humid here today. Tonight, they’re predicting storms and a big temperature drop. Like high of 75 today and only 41 tomorrow. whoopee.
December 10th, 2021 at 3:25 pm · Link
Ditto what B.E. said! She took the words right off the tip of my fingers. Okay, my five:
1. Got my booster shot Monday. Wiped me out on Tuesday which is weird because I had no trouble with the first two. I stayed warm under the covers and caught up on sleep so something of a win for me despite the discomfort. 😷
2. LG’s truck is back home again. The check engine light came on the day after we picked it up after the new engine install. Codes read something about the manifold. He took it back in Monday and the guys fixed it and now it really should last another 150K miles. He’s happy to have it back. Me too. This car share thing is a pain. 🚙
3. I decided to write a Christmas story starring Sade and Sinjen from the Penumbra Papers. Yes, I am a little insane, why do you ask? I do have sort of a premise–they’re in New Orleans for Christmas and there’s something about Santa… I do have a little over 500 words done so there’s that. 💻
4. BLUE MOON came off KDP Select/Kinkle Unlimited. I had to doublecheck that my clicking the non-renew took. It hadn’t. It’s updated and back live on the ‘Zon and hit Apple this morning. Yay. 📚
5. Wind. OMG! The WIND today. It’s 80 degrees with sustained winds of 30-31 MPH and wind gusts to 50/55 MPH. Crazysauce! 😱 All the leaves should be off the trees by sundown. Too bad the leaves are collecting here instead of blowing on down the street. We have leaf drifts instead of snow drifts. 🤣
Have a great weekend, witches! 🥰
December 10th, 2021 at 4:22 pm · Link
1. Best wishes with the Christmas cards. Good idea having them printed.
2. I get the depression/eating thing. I have a friend that copes with food.
3. Different tastes is right. I’m with you on the taste of butter cream :).
4. Maggie is too funny. At least Santa is still in one piece.
5. Have fun with Turbo. Are you bringing him the Santa lollipop?
1a. I am still having issues from that booster shot. My arm pit and pec swelled and everything is still pink and tender. I told hubs that I don’t give a D**n, I will not get another one of these shots. My body has reacted progressively worse with each one.
2a. My mother saw a new Dr. yesterday and she is not going to have any treatment. She refuses to drive to Buffalo for chemo and the Dr. is okay with it. She’ll see the Dr again in April. I think that is WRONG. Stage 3 colon cancer has to be treated after surgery and it’s been three months already.
3a. Middle and I are taking Queso and going to see my mother tomorrow. We’ll head home Sunday at noon.
4a. The weather is supposed to get really warm over night with thunderstorms and high winds. I hope our drive tomorrow is okay.
5a. I think I have almost all the presents bought. Something always comes up, that’s why I say almost. I now have to plan wrapping.
Have a great weekend!
December 10th, 2021 at 5:32 pm · Link
B.E., Nope, Maggie didn’t care for this Santa. Mostly she was confused, but she’s so NOT photogenetic that I capture really odd pics of her. Also, I’m mean
1) You are very creative in baking, but I take your meaning. Plus decorating is super time consuming and requires a ton of patience. Ultimately taste is the most important part!
2) Yay for finding what works! Sometimes it really is just a matter of changing direction.
3) I’m sorry about your pay check. We have the opposite problem of checks we mail not getting delivered on time. It’s all frustrating.
4) You have a very nice neighbor! (And a nice hubs for helping her out).
5) Wow that’s a big temp drop. I’m guess it will create unstable atmosphere since it’s been humid? Hope it doesn’t affect your weekend!
December 10th, 2021 at 5:46 pm · Link
1) I’m sorry the shot was hard on you. It’s so varied and difficult to predict.
2) Amen to the car thing being a pain. I feel for you both every time you’ve shared the truck’s trials. Check engine lights give me a migraine in general. We had one car that it would go on and off and we played the trying to diagnose game for way too long. Glad you were able to solve that on LG’s truck.
3) You are insane and your readers love you for it! 500 words is a start!
4) Yay for getting it all done and published wide!
5) More weather weirdness for December. Sorry about the leaf drifts piling up.
Have a great weekend!
December 10th, 2021 at 6:00 pm · Link
Viki, We’re going to ask our daughter in law to take a pic tomorrow and use it for a card This is important to Wizard so I’ll do it. I’ll probably take Turbo a small sucker. I made a half Santa that looked much better than the whole one.
1) Ugh, that’s a pretty severe reaction.
2) I can’t imagine how frustrating it is for you to hear all this from your mom and not really be able to do much about it. It’s so painful to see our parents go through hard stuff.
3) It’ll be good for you to see your mom.
4) Yeah that could make your drive tricky. Glad you’ll be with your middle son.
5) I’m the same way on presents, something comes up or I decide I want to do something else. Wrapping is another chore, but you’re making great progress with the decorating and most of the shopping done!
Have a good and safe trip to see your mom.