TGIF! Hope 2022 is going well for you! Okay let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- No sign of the gopher’s return as of yet. Maggie is on the job!
- Turbo’s home from school all week with a virus. He was tested for Covid as a precaution in Urgent Care over the weekend and it came back negative. It’s just a run of the mill virus, but the preschool has very strict rules for good reason these days so it’s best if he stays home until next week. Anyway, yesterday Wizard and I tagged-teamed babysitting him. I went out and took first shift, then Wizard arrived for second shift in the afternoon to relieve me. Our son and daughter-in-law were so appreciative, which is nice but we don’t mind helping out. Of course, they wouldn’t let us help until the Covid test came back negative. I totally understand that, and yet, I felt bad for them–they are both trying to work high pressure jobs from home with a toddler.
- There was no traffic yesterday. It was really freaky. I knew Covid was really bad in CA again, but I left here at 8am and should have been in gridlock. I’ve done this enough time to know that. Instead, there was light traffic and I made it to their house in record time. Our state has not shut down, but a ton of companies and government offices have been forced to close due to so many people being sick.
- I bought some cake dummies–they are Styrofoam rounds that I can cover in fondant and practice on. I’m looking forward to trying a few things with my airbrush. These dummies let me practice decorating with much less waste as I can reuse them.
- Through sheer determination, I got my food processor at the price I wished to pay. Yay. Then I got it home, tried it and washed it all up and….it didn’t fit in the cupboard, LOL. Sometimes, the best laid plans are thwarted by something we don’t think about. In this case, there’s a central pole that stays on the base and it never occurred to me it’d make it too tall to go in the designated cupboard. But it’s all good, I found it another spot and now I have my food processor when I need it.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!