TGIF! I hope this week has been good to you. Let’s jump into sharing 5 things about our week:
- I’m having baking withdrawals. I have a recipe for Pistachio Cake I’ve wanted to try. The serving suggestion is with cream cheese icing but that’s so heavy, I’m thinking white chocolate icing. Maybe I’ll bake that this weekend. (I’m also having some writing pangs, but I’ve committed to other things right now).
- One of my granddogs, Phoebe, is having a birthday this weekend. Since she just lost her sister dog, Roxy, I made a special trip to the store to buy her toys to take over It makes me happy to do it.
- While I was at the store, I got Maggie a toy too. I didn’t want her to be jealous even though she only plays with toys for a couple minutes at a time, LOL.
- Speaking of Maggie, here’s she is just sitting in the sun, and minding her own business when I try to sneak up and take a picture. She’s ignoring me.
- I made him homemade taquitos this week. I rarely do it because frying in oil is a mess. Wizard was so excited, he made up a taquito song and sang it All Freaking Day Long. He darn near got a plate of Brussel spouts (he loathes them) for dinner But honestly, she’s so appreciative that I like doing it sometimes. Wizard also never complains about simple, easy meals. Tonight I’m making steak salad from leftovers and he’ll be perfectly happy.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend.