TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- My heart breaks that Russia invaded Ukraine. I try not to be political here, but I can’t ignore this. So Wednesday evening, Wizard went to bed and I was channel surfing, and landed on the news. I’ve been, and sometimes still am a political junkie, so I wasn’t surprised but deeply disturbed and saddened.
- We had rain and cold. I liked it! No snow here though That was a long shot at best. Of course all of you living in snow are rolling your eyes at me, LOL
- Oh, this is big news for Wizard and me – they finally fixed our community mailbox! It’s been at least five months. Guys, we are soooo happy. It’s crazy that it took so long. The mailperson told Wizard that they got a a new supervisor, and she evidently began sending out crews ASAP to get the job done. I think I can see why the old supervisor didn’t work out…or obviously just didn’t work. Anyway, gotta celebrate the small wins in life, right?
- Maggie and I went on a mega walk yesterday afternoon after two days of being cooped up due to rain and cold. We loved it! She was so happy and is now sleeping peacefully while I write this blog on Thursday evening.
- Today we’re going to the design center to choose our finishes on the house. This all has to be done before the plans go to the city for approval (why choices of granite and sinks matters, I don’t know). They’ve told us it’ll take four hours. Clearly they have not looked at our budget allows for everything standard and precious few upgrades We have a small list, and I’m really hoping I can upgrade the countertops. It comes with a standard granite that I frankly hate. But if the upgrade to the next level of granite is too much $$, then I will learn to love it, LOL. Monday, we are doing a virtual appointment to do some electrical upgrades. Then in a week we finalize both the electrical and design center upgrades so we have a little time to think about them and crunch the numbers. This is all stuff we knew going in. We purposely chose structural upgrades like adding square footage in the sunroom, and will sacrifice other places like finishes that can be changed later if we happen to fall into a pile of money, LOL.
So that’s my week. I haven’t thought too much about the weekend, but I’ll probably stay home. I may practice some fondant 3D figures, or go on some wild and unplanned adventure. Now it’s your turn to share five random things about your week!
I hope everyone has a warm and safe weekend!