TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week!
- Monday we did an online meeting about any electrical upgrades. That began with technical glitches which is pretty funny since they’re offering technical upgrades Some of the offered upgrades had my budget in hysterical laughter. Or is that hysterical tears??? We said “No thank you” a lot!
- We had another heat wave, and a fire broke out in the Cleveland National Forest. I’ll post a picture from our street below. For a few hours we were worried, but some major air power came in and moved it back. The fire is still burning and last I heard 15% contained. I expect it to be more when this posts. However it’s burned over 550 acres. Today should be cooler with a chance of rain which is great news.
- Thursday morning I was doing light chores like dusting and laundry, then I walked into the kitchen I got a sudden pain in my right side. I pulled something in my oblique muscles between my hip and ribcage, I think. Seriously? Twisting side stretches don’t do it. Brutal side planks don’t do it. Even cleaning the bathrooms doesn’t do it. But walking into the kitchen and turning to the counter??? Yep, wrenched my side. Someone out there has a sense of humor, LOL. It’s not serious, just annoying, and Advil helps
- Today we have to go back to the design center which is at least an hour away depending on traffic. We originally chose a beautiful quartz countertop that I really love. But after a couple days Wizard and I began worrying that it’s not going to be durable enough. Quartz and granite both have their pluses and minuses, but after re-weighting them we’re probably going to get granite. So we’re going back to look and decide. You know, this process would be a lot more fun if only that Budget Witch and her ugly cousin, Financial Reality, didn’t keep butting in. (I’m teasing, not complaining. I spend too much time each day following the Ukraine situation to have any reason to truly complain about my life.)
- Tomorrow we’re back in the car for another long trip to go to a memorial service for one of Wizard’s friends (she passed two months ago). It’ll be a long day but an important one. She brought a lot of joy to people’s lives and we want to celebrate her life.
That’s in for me, now I’d love to hear your five! I hope everyone has a good weekend.