Friday, July 15th, 2022
TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We bought boxes and other stuff to start packing. We just doing stuff we don’t need. We plan to do this slowly over weeks.
- And we have learned the house won’t be ready by our move-out-of-this-house date. Wizard is surprised and I’m not. Wizard kept hearing earlier dates than I did, I suspect some of that was a version of wishful hearing We will work out what to do over the next couple weeks. These dates tend to be very fluid, and anything could happen.
- I called my brother yesterday! This sounds like a stupid thing, but I’m so bad at calling people — even people I love (and yes I include my brother in that group, LOL) I procrastinate into major embarrassment most of the time. My brother forgives me He can call me too, but he truthfully calls me more than I call him. So…it was my turn and I was very happy to chat with him for a while. He’s dealing with a minor injury that the doctor told him was from overdoing it. I laughed — both of us tend to do that. Our sister is a bit smarter about pacing herself.
- My granddog Phoebe had some minor surgery on Monday (nothing serious). So yesterday I ran to the store to get her a toy and will take it over either last night or today. But I also used this as an excuse to bake! I made nondairy chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. They are for the my son and daughter-in-law, not the dog (much to Maggie’s disappointment since she wanted to taste test them). I hope they turned out okay.
- It’s hot and humid. I’m not a fan and neither are my sinuses. Wizard’s having sinus problems to from the weather. But in good news, my new workout clothes fit (I bought smaller bike shorts) and functioned great doing yoga. It’s a little thing but it made me happy.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
July 15th, 2022 at 5:33 am · Link
You’re smart starting the packing and doing it in bits over the time you have. You’re more likely to find everything after you move if you’re not throwing things in boxes at the last minute. Ack about the house not being ready in time for you to move out. Yay for phone time with your brother. Hugs for Phoebe. Bummer about the heat and humidity getting to you both. :hugs: Yay for your new clothes fitting! Little things are important to happiness.
1) Hubs has got the house super clean now. He’s taking his new role as Domestic Manager very seriously.
2) Getting used to working outside the house again wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. It’s like putting on an old pair of shoes. They still fit and they always were pretty comfortable, so no biggie.
3) My new keyboard arrived yesterday. It’s awesome. I mean, it’s just like my old keyboard, but the letters aren’t rubbed off, so I can actually see which letters I’m hitting.
4) I’ve lost 5 pounds since I started work. I think it’s mostly just the fact that I can’t graze at work. I’m definitely not getting more exercise.
5) It’s so freakin’ hot. I haven’t done any outside activities in a couple weeks. Well, part of that is due to the bugs. They’re voracious this year and I’m tired of getting eaten alive when I step outside. Blerg.
July 15th, 2022 at 8:13 am · Link
What B.E. said! And knowing Wiz ( ) the boxes are labeled with what’s in them and what room they came out of. Plus you have extra room to store boxes. 🤞🏼 the dates change! Okay, my 5:
1. Only has Drover again. Because LG and I and a blonde moment. They got back from their vacation Wednesday evening. We thought she was going to work Thursday and would need a 2nd car. There was a small SNAFU on her ‘Stang with parts arrival and some of the upholstery work. Anyway, we met them at their house just as they got home and left them Drover. Only never said a work. LOLOL Anyway, the ‘Stang is all ready to go and LG will meet her halfway to exchange vehicles.
2. It’s so dang hot, it’s not like I was going anywhere anyway.
3. The halogen floodlight above the garage burned out. LG decided we’d just get a new LED fixture rather than dealing with the halogen anymore. I picked out a simple one that was about $30. He came home with the super-deluxe version with motion detector auto come-on, dawn to dusk timer options, and other stuff. The problem is, the light switch has to be in the on position. Which means the bright light IN the garage would stay on 24/7. Yeah. Two lines to that switch. I truly wonder about the electriction. Anyway, option 1 is to ignore the fancy stuff. Option 2 is to unscrew the inside bulb until we…you know…NEED the light. Option 3 is to find an “extension” thingy that has a pull cord to manually over-ride the wall switch. Option 4 is to call an electrician to rewire. Yeah. Right. LG will be getting out there at some point–probably when he goes to switch cars with only–to find the pull-cord adapter thingy.
4. Had a bad sleep week due to Boone restlessness and leg cramps. Even after upping potassium intake. At 4 this morning, I was ready to drink the entire jar of dill pickle juice. Luckily, the foam analgesic “cramp relief” stuff the pharmecist tole LG about works pretty good, especially when supplemented by a heating pad.
5. Going to try out my new indoor grill today! I was going to make burgers last night but LG fell asleep and was down hard until after 8 p.m. He worked out in the garage for a long time yesterday and it wiped him out. No biggie to me. I opened a can of tuna and some Tostito Lim Yese Chips for dinner. Yum. Yes, I am weird. It’s okay. You can make fun of me.
Have a great weekend, all! Stay chill! 🥰
July 15th, 2022 at 8:20 am · Link
WT…? Wow. I totally need more coffee. TOLD not tole (that’s a decorative paint technique) and Lim Yese? No clue what my fingers were doing. Lime. Just lime. Well, technically, they’re called Hint of Lime chips. Still yummers even if I can’t type. And now, more coffee. STAT!
July 15th, 2022 at 3:04 pm · Link
1. It’s smart to be packing up the stuff you don’t need s you go. It will make things easier as you get closer to moving.
2. It’s not surprising that there are hiccups with the move date. We’ll still keep our fingers crossed that all speeds along and you get to move in w/o having to go to an interim lodging.
3. Good that you called your brother. I’m bad at calling people too.
4. Poor Phoebe. It’s good that she has a wonderful loving human grandma to bring her special things to help her recover. Oh no, Maggie wants to be a taste tester for cup cakes . I bet they turned out yummy!
5. Sorry about the hot humid weather. It’s been like that here too until today. Tomorrow it will be back to yuck! New workout clothes always make me feel good too. And you bought a smaller size so that makes you feel even better .
1a. Hubs is going down to see Harrison Monday. We spent quiet a bit of time getting him booked last night. I don’t know why he can’t do it himself but he always seems to forget how .
2a. We’re going over to youngest’s house tomorrow afternoon. I will FINALLY see it. I will also get to meet Courtney’s two dogs.
3a. Youngest is taking us to dinner tomorrow night. They found this little town 15 minutes away from them that has a brewery on the river that had been an old mill. It looks beautiful and he wants to take us there. I’m looking forward to it.
4a. Spunk was having nothing to do with the substitute food I bought for him. Yes, he is me in cat form , a creature of habit. I was able to find a case of both of his wet foods today. The price has really gone up, 26 cans of food for $67.25. But he eats it unlike all the other brands of food I have tried.
5a. I’m spoiled – freely admitted. So, I’m having hubs make full pots of coffee the next three days and I’m storing it up in the refrigerator so that I have cold coffee while he’s gone. I think I’ve mentioned that I suck at making coffee. So I will now be set to just pour and add some peppermint mocha and be good to go .
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
July 15th, 2022 at 5:08 pm · Link
B.E., the house thing I totally expected, so it’s just a thing to get through The market is shifting too, so all things considered, we’re lucky. We will figure out an interim solution and all will be well.
1) Yay for your hubs! You guys do a great job of working together for a good life!
2) That’s awesome! I’m not sure I’d adjust as well as you, so I’m impressed. It probably helps that you have a positive attitude and seem to enjoy what you’re doing.
3) LOL I totally get that! I never even notice the letters are off until Wizard changes our keyboard and I’m like…Wow! I cant see the letters! I makes me wonder if I’m like a frog who starts off in cool water then is boiling to death before he realizes it. It’s a weird analogy but it popped into my head so I’m going with it.
4) Kudos on the lost five pounds!
5) Bugs are even worse that the heat! We just had that one summer of vicious mosquitos and I hated it. That said, the heat is keeping me in the house more than I like.
I hope you have a great weekend!
July 15th, 2022 at 5:25 pm · Link
Silver, we both label the boxes, LOL! We are pretty well matched in that department. He’s less patient though, so packing early will help that. When I get to the kitchen, we may have a discussion about slowing down and packing so that it makes sense We do have plenty of room to store boxes…if we wanted to lug them upstairs and that’s not happening. So they will be stacked in the living room to make moving them out later easier.
1) Sorry about the mix up on the cars, but at least its sorted out now. We’ve done stuff like that. I’m compulsive now about double checking times and dates on texts — and I almost always confirm things by text so I have something to check
2) I feel you on that!
3) Um…maybe next time LG should buy the one you picked out???? The adapter pull cord sounds like the best solution, or at least the cost effective one. A free electrician would be the best one
4) Oh no on the leg cramps! I get occasional cramps. I’ve only had foot cramps not leg and it sounds like something I never want to personally experience. I’m so sorry and hope you find the protocol (weather medical or home remedy) that works for you. That has to be painful. Hope Boone is able to sleep better too.
I’m excited to hear how your new grill works! Lime chips and tuna??? LOL That wouldn’t be my choice. No worries on the time, I figured it had to be lime chips. Typos are just part of thinking faster than we type. But for the record, the solution to most problems is coffee!
Hope you have a great weekend, stay cool and get some cramp free rest!
July 15th, 2022 at 5:32 pm · Link
Viki, we saw Phoebe last night and she was doing really well. She was thrilled with her toy too! Wizard wanted to give it to her which was super sweet.
1) I’m wondering if your hubs just doesn’t want to book his own flights so he forgets? I don’t retain things I know Wizard will do for me, and he does the same thing. It’s nice of you to do it! Hope Hubs has a great time with Harrison!
2) I’m excited for you to see youngest’s house! And meet the dogs! Your son must be so proud and anxious to show you.
3) Going to the brewery on the river sounds like a lot of fun! I enjoy going to repurposed places like that.
4) Spunk has very specific tastes, which I can relate to. That’s awesome that you found his preferred good, but ouch on the price!
5) Your clearly worth it to hubs! I think it’s wonderful and sweet of him to brew up your coffee for you. You’re both smart to plan ahead, it’s not a good idea for a wife to be left home without a coffee maintenance plan! Also your iced coffee plan sounds delicious
I hope you have a great weekend!