TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We bought boxes and other stuff to start packing. We just doing stuff we don’t need. We plan to do this slowly over weeks.
- And we have learned the house won’t be ready by our move-out-of-this-house date. Wizard is surprised and I’m not. Wizard kept hearing earlier dates than I did, I suspect some of that was a version of wishful hearing We will work out what to do over the next couple weeks. These dates tend to be very fluid, and anything could happen.
- I called my brother yesterday! This sounds like a stupid thing, but I’m so bad at calling people — even people I love (and yes I include my brother in that group, LOL) I procrastinate into major embarrassment most of the time. My brother forgives me He can call me too, but he truthfully calls me more than I call him. So…it was my turn and I was very happy to chat with him for a while. He’s dealing with a minor injury that the doctor told him was from overdoing it. I laughed — both of us tend to do that. Our sister is a bit smarter about pacing herself.
- My granddog Phoebe had some minor surgery on Monday (nothing serious). So yesterday I ran to the store to get her a toy and will take it over either last night or today. But I also used this as an excuse to bake! I made nondairy chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. They are for the my son and daughter-in-law, not the dog (much to Maggie’s disappointment since she wanted to taste test them). I hope they turned out okay.
- It’s hot and humid. I’m not a fan and neither are my sinuses. Wizard’s having sinus problems to from the weather. But in good news, my new workout clothes fit (I bought smaller bike shorts) and functioned great doing yoga. It’s a little thing but it made me happy.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!