TGIF! That feels a little weird to say when there’s a tinge of sadness around the world today with the passing of the Queen of England. She was a woman who wielded power and influence with grace, dignity and a steadfastness that I grew to admire more and more over time. She lived a long and amazing life, and deserves to go onto her peace with other loved ones who are waiting for her.
Shifting gears here, lets jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine where I will try NOT to mention (as in whine about) the weather
- Wizard broke a tooth a couple weeks back. The temporary has fallen out twice. Poor guy has to keep going back. He should get the permanent in Monday. He’s not in pain or anything, it’s just been annoying and adding to the running around.
- Speaking of Wizard, he’s so patient on the big stuff, and we’ve had a lot of that lately. But little stuff sends him into Ranty McRanter. Yesterday I saw an email to both of us regarding the house stuff, he asked me to read it so I began. I didn’t get halfway through reading before he began a verbal tirade, stormed into another room and closed the door. When he came out, he was still ranting. I’m not laughing….LOLOLOL!! You just had to be there. I handed him a glass of wine and nodded my head a lot while he worked his way through his tirade. A couple hours late, I began teasing him about his tantrum and he laughed at himself. We both tend to lose it on the dumb stuff to release stress. I wasn’t the least bit upset, just amused. All that said, he worked hard together the info needed. I told him I’d do it, but he’s better at it and we both know it.
- Last Friday, I had my eye exam. All is good, but I need new glasses because my right eye has changed. I hate choosing glasses. It gives me anxiety, partly because the complexity of my prescription requires a big size lens area so that really limits what I can choose. I just went with a tortoise shell frame this time. Shrug. I mostly just use them at night anyway so I have no idea why I stress about it at all. Hopefully they will be ready in the next couple weeks.
- We drove a ways to go to a place that only sells barstools and dining tables to find stools for the island in the new house. This is odd for us because we normally buy cheap stuff from discount places. But we want specific kinds of comfort, stability and accessibility. After scouring twenty two thousand stools (okay maybe 50), we both loved one and only one stool. I did have one concern as the cushion is almost white, and you know, its are going to stain in ten minutes. But then we discovered that one advantage of buy expensive (to me!) stools, the cushions are easy to take off then recover or replace, so that was a huge bonus for me. We bought them and now can’t wait to put them in the house! This sounds like a small thing, but it’s something both of us cared a lot about. We want people to be able to sit comfortably at the counter and hang out while we’re doing our thing in the kitchen. Or we can eat there, work on our laptops, or wherever.
- My reading can be eclectic. I’m currently reading a book on Winston Churchill and WWII and also listening to a book on self improvement and hustling by — wait for it — 50 Cent (AKA Curtis Jackson). The book on Churchill I chose because I was restless and wanted a reading challenge. I was frustrated by light books that turned whiny and dumb at the halfway point (FYI endless whiny exposition will make me hate the heroine and not care of about the characters or their conflicts). I’m enjoying the book on Churchill, although it’s a slow read. The one by Curtis Jackson was recommended to me, and I am enjoying learning about lives outside of my own experience. But I’m the first to admit I can read a wide range of unexpected things.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good weekend!