TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- This afternoon we’re doing the walk through on our new house. It’s finally happening after 8 months!
- We went to see Wizard’s mom this week. Maggie was thrilled! We sat out in her backyard and she ran around to her heart’s content. She was rolling on her back in the grass, and my mother-in-law noticed. Maggie kept doing it, then she’d lift her head and check to see if my mother-in-law was watching her. The dog is ridiculous. But I also love that Maggie can give my mother in law a bit of joy. Being 90 comes with challenges, but Maggie doesn’t care of my mother-in-law doesn’t remember her name or some silly little detail, and I think that gives my mother-in-law some relief. (And I’d just like to say, that I hope I’m in as good of shape physically as my mother-in-law is if I hit the major milestone of 90!)
- The weather has cooled! The last two days we haven’t had to not run the air conditioning. It’s been nice to air out the house (even if we’re moving soon!). Plus it should help the electric bill.
- Yesterday I spent time with my sister, because…we are never too old to need our sister. Also, I wanted to buy gorilla glue and she found it for me in Target! My sister has skills
- This weekend, part of a freeway near us will be closed, which makes it a lot harder to get places like where two of our kids live. We have a lot to do around the house, packing is endless (and unpacking will be the same!), so that’s not too big a deal.
So that’s my kind of lame five, now I’d love to hear about your exciting week! I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!