TGIF!! Lets dive right into sharing 5 random things about our week!
- Our grandson Turbo had his school pics done and because I’m a grandma, I want to share one:
- Maggie has a really bad habit of running out the sliding glass door or screen to the back yard when it opens. So I’ve been breaking her of that. I had an epic and hilarious fail this week. Both the glass door and screen were closed, so I put her in a sit and opened the glass slider. I turned to her to check she was in position then turned back, and for some reason, she thought I’d released her. She ran smack into the sliding screen door that I hadn’t opened yet. I mean…seriously? How did she not see it? It popped off the track and both dog and screen were fine, but *I* clearly am failing at this little piece of training, LOL! By the way, Maggie at first stopped, clearly confused, then a second layer she shook off the screen door and ran to check her lizard spots. The lesson in this story? Never let a little thing like a closed door stop you from your goal, LOLOL!
- We did our final walk through yesterday! The key things are getting done. There will be a few things will happen later, and that’s to be expected.
- The big news now — by the time this posts we will have signed the final docs for the new house! We’re doing it around 5 or 6 on Thursday evening, and I’m writing this blog right before that because who knows what might happen the rest of the night. We’ll either get the keys then, or sometime today (Friday). Either is fine and we are so danged happy! It has been a long haul, and there’s a lot more to do to get moved and settled, but YAY! We are thrilled!
- The plan is to spend the weekend doing things in the new house and packing more stuff in the old house, then on Monday morning the movers come. In all that chaos is Wizard’s 50th Reunion on Saturday night. It’s crazy that our move fell on the same weekend, when we bought the tickets, we thought we’d already be moved in. Anyhow, we will go if we can and it’ll probably be a nice break for us. I’m also taking Maggie to boarding Saturday afternoon and will pick her up Monday afternoon. That way we don’t have to worry about leaving her for several hours Saturday night and she’ll be out of all the moving commotion. I will take her to the hew house for a few hours while we’re doing things in there so she will be familiar with it, then when she comes back on Monday, all her stuff (and ours) will be there.
I probably won’t be able to post on Monday in the typical moving chaos and exhaustion, unless I get a burst of energy and post from my phone (we won’t have internet for a couple days).
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
September 23rd, 2022 at 8:35 am · Link
OMG! HOW CUTE IS HE?!?!?!?!? Sooo much personality in that pic. Know y’all are so proud! Oh, Maggie! LOLOL YAY on closing and keys! You have a week to get moved and ready to turn over the old place to your very patient buyers. I sort of envy y’all. Not the moving part, but the new house part! Fun times and new memories! Have fun at the reunion and yeah, a good break. Can’t wait to hear from you next week once y’all are settled in and have internet again! So excited for you and good call on Maggie going to boarding! Okay, my 5.
1. I had tuna casseroleTuesday night. No way to make this a short story, sorry, but it was a highlight of my week. Child of the 50s/60s here. Tuna noodle casserole with crumbled chips on top was a family staple and I love it. After LG I got married, I fixed it one night as I was craving. He took one look at it, said that’s the one thing he’d never eat and took off for McDonalds. No, really. He hates the taste of cooked tuna. Sandwiches are fine. Anyway, I never made it again and would occasionally fix for myself if he was gone, then I got out of the habit. Well, here lately, there are times that we end up doing “every man for himself” for dinner so I suggested that he check out the Stoeffers single serves at the store and pick some up that he’d eat. HE FOUND TUNA CASSEROLE! AND CALLED ME! He wanted to know if he could pick up a couple for me. Oh heck yeah! And since he was out with some high school frineds (another long story I WON’T bore you with), I fixed one of those casseroles and savored every last bit. Yeah, I picked a winner.
2. SEAL MOON will be uploaded today and I’m not putting it on preorder. I’d planned to release it this coming Monday but final proofs got delayed. And I only had 2 preorders at Amazon anyway so I consider that experiment a fail. So now it will go live whenever it goes lives across the spectrum of on-line stores. That works for me.
3. With Autumn’s arrival last night, I splurged and fixed my homemade waffles for dinner, with fried eggs, sausage and thick-cut bacon. Pretty darn tasty and with only LG and me, there’s enough batter left for 1 or 2 more. Guess what’s for lunch today!
4. My book listening has picked up. I finished the new In Death book last week. Took awhile to get into it but I gave it 4.5 stars. Then I relistened to a dark-and-dirty paranormal series because a new release dropped, and now I’m in the middle of a marathon Jayne Castle Harmony/Ghost Hunters relisten because a new book just dropped there. Yay!
5. Yesterday’s weather was all kinds of awesome! Woke up to 65, hit a high of 79, and hit 56 last night. It’s FALL! Except this is the South. Today, the projected high is 92 and tomorrow’s is 94 before another front comes through Sunday night and then back down to the 80s. I’m so ready for summer to take a hike!
Bonus: Pete comment. LG looked out the window and saw Pete sitting on the stump in the driveway island where I usually put out sunflower seeds for the squirrels and bluejays. He was facing the street, sitting up tall, tall hanging down the stump like one of those cat clocks. And then a car drove by. Pete did the tennis match head swivel and watched it. We both cracked up. That’s it for me. Off to wrangle uploads and key words. Ugh! Have a great weekend all, and so happy for you and Wiz, Jen. Busy, busy but so worth it! 🥰
September 23rd, 2022 at 3:05 pm · Link
1. I love Turbo’s class photo. He’s growing up so fast 😊.
2. Poor Maggie. Running full speed into the screen must have given her a little shock. Happy she recovered quickly to hunt lizards.
3. Good that all the key items were done.
4. Sure hope the keys were in your hands last night and all is well.
5. Smart thing boarding Maggie over the weekend. It will make things easier on her. Don’t I recall that she liked boarding too? She hasn’t been in a while so I hope she still considers it fun.
1a. The refrigerator guy showed up and took a quick look. It’s a sealed system problem. Needs new seal system and compressor. My paperwork says it’s covered under warranty but Whirlpool says my machine doesn’t have such warranty. If we have to pay – $1100. System part not in stock may take two weeks.
2a. Hubs decided we really need a refrigerator. Went to Lowes and bought one. It should be here tomorrow some time.
3a. Delivery people will no longer connect to the water line to the fridge. Hopefully youngest will be able to do it by Sunday at the latest.
4a. Wednesday it was 89F yesterday 54F. What a drop. It’s going to be chilly for about a week and then get warm again. I think we’re going to have a fire tonight.
5a. Spunk had his blood work done to monitor him while on the prednisone and all is good. Thank heaven.
I hope you and Wizard have a excellent weekend doing things at the new house and getting ready for the BIG move on Monday. Have a great weekend!
September 23rd, 2022 at 6:06 pm · Link
Silver, thanks on all! We are getting our keys in the next few minutes.
1) Wizard loves tuna casserole made that way too. I could never make it like his mom, probably because I don’t like tuna AND he couldn’t tell me precisely how to make it. Glad LG is an awesome keeper of a husband and found the frozen version!
2) I say do whatever works!
3) Wow you were ambitious on that dinner! Glad you and LG enjoyed it!!
4) That’s a great roll on for audio. I need to find a dark and dirty paranormal, LOL!
5) Right?? Summer came back here too after a really nice break. Doesn’t she know when to move on???
There’s always room for Pete stories! Hope your week is productive and once you hit publish, sales follow!!
September 23rd, 2022 at 6:11 pm · Link
Viki, she doesn’t like me leaving her at boarding, but she does have fun and loves the people and dogs. So it works out and it will be better for her and safer for everyone.
1) Okay that seems weird on the warranty. If you’re paperwork says it, then they have to honor it unless they slid in something shady. You must be so frustrated!
2) I don’t blame hubs! Will you keep one of them as a second fridge?
3) Really??? They won’t connect the water line? I sure hope your son can do it and soon!
4) That’s a steep dive in temps! Enjoy the fire!
5) That is good news about Spunk’s bloodwork and good that they are monitoring that. Did Spunk forgive you for the blood draw?
Thanks so much and I hope you have a great weekend too!
September 24th, 2022 at 7:21 am · Link
Yay for Turbo! Aww, poor Maggie. I’m glad she wasn’t hurt and she didn’t hurt your screen door. That’d be a pain when you’re about to transfer it over. Yay for final walk-throughs and getting keys! Good luck with your chaotic weekend. I hope you do get time to go to Wizard’s reunion. And Maggie gets a little vacation with her friends at the boarding place, so that’s awesome. See ya when you get back. :hugs:
1) Wizard and Hubs graduated the same year. He doesn’t even know if they did / are doing anything for his 50-year at his old home place.
2) Yesterday was Mom’s 82 birthday. I took the time I usually hang out online before work to call her. I’ll call her again today, but I wanted to make sure I wished her a Happy Birthday on her day.
3) I have three family birthdays in a row next week – 30th, 1st, and 2nd. I haven’t even gotten cards yet, let alone mailed them. Derp.
4) The fawns have almost all lost their spots now. There’s one who still has spots on her butt. She looks like an Appaloosa. LOL
5) My life is pretty boring. Work all week, run errands and/ or veg on the weekends. But the money is good so I’ll keep doing it, even if it means I don’t have much to talk about.