TGIF!! Lets dive right into sharing 5 random things about our week!
- Our grandson Turbo had his school pics done and because I’m a grandma, I want to share one:
- Maggie has a really bad habit of running out the sliding glass door or screen to the back yard when it opens. So I’ve been breaking her of that. I had an epic and hilarious fail this week. Both the glass door and screen were closed, so I put her in a sit and opened the glass slider. I turned to her to check she was in position then turned back, and for some reason, she thought I’d released her. She ran smack into the sliding screen door that I hadn’t opened yet. I mean…seriously? How did she not see it? It popped off the track and both dog and screen were fine, but *I* clearly am failing at this little piece of training, LOL! By the way, Maggie at first stopped, clearly confused, then a second layer she shook off the screen door and ran to check her lizard spots. The lesson in this story? Never let a little thing like a closed door stop you from your goal, LOLOL!
- We did our final walk through yesterday! The key things are getting done. There will be a few things will happen later, and that’s to be expected.
- The big news now — by the time this posts we will have signed the final docs for the new house! We’re doing it around 5 or 6 on Thursday evening, and I’m writing this blog right before that because who knows what might happen the rest of the night. We’ll either get the keys then, or sometime today (Friday). Either is fine and we are so danged happy! It has been a long haul, and there’s a lot more to do to get moved and settled, but YAY! We are thrilled!
- The plan is to spend the weekend doing things in the new house and packing more stuff in the old house, then on Monday morning the movers come. In all that chaos is Wizard’s 50th Reunion on Saturday night. It’s crazy that our move fell on the same weekend, when we bought the tickets, we thought we’d already be moved in. Anyhow, we will go if we can and it’ll probably be a nice break for us. I’m also taking Maggie to boarding Saturday afternoon and will pick her up Monday afternoon. That way we don’t have to worry about leaving her for several hours Saturday night and she’ll be out of all the moving commotion. I will take her to the hew house for a few hours while we’re doing things in there so she will be familiar with it, then when she comes back on Monday, all her stuff (and ours) will be there.
I probably won’t be able to post on Monday in the typical moving chaos and exhaustion, unless I get a burst of energy and post from my phone (we won’t have internet for a couple days).
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!