TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week, here’s mine:
- Yesterday was a frustrating day. Before I whine, we are getting way more done than not, so this is just griping about little things. But yesterday was dealing with the last services getting set up, and the two things giving us headaches are TV and the landline (Wizard wants it with our old landline number because his aging mom knows that number– that’s a danged good reason). But the day just brimmed with frustration and ended with me on hold for an hour and a half and the useless old phone company that never answered. We just want to import the old number, not buy a human heart on the black market. However, we can live full and complete lives without the landline plus specific phone number so it’s minor but annoying.
- Maggie loves all the people coming to the house! It’s a party for her. We find her in the office staring out the window looking for more new friends. I love that for her. She also wants Wizard to take her to the mailbox every night after dinner. I soon learned why. Wizard was busy the other night, so I took her. I passed a guy who said, “Hi Maggie.” It figures, Maggie’s making friends in the neighborhood before me It turns out she’d met the new neighbor on one of the nights Wizard had taken her to the mailbox. He was very nice, and I was impressed that he remembered Maggie’s name!
- In case anyone here has a wheat allergy and needs gluten free food items, let me just say you have my full sympathy! They aren’t that easy to find and very expensive! I only need to do this for a few weeks so it’s not too big a deal. But for those who live with a wheat allergy, hugs!
- Today, Biker Witch and I are going to lunch to celebrate her birthday. I’m so looking forward to that! We’re going to Cheesecake Factory, and I’ll make the best choices I can with the low fodmat diet but one meal isn’t going to hurt me. I usually can’t eat much anyway lately (but sometimes I can!). Wizard is encouraging me to get dessert, eat a few bites and bring home the rest and he’ll eat it. He’s helpful like that!!
- Turbo is coming about to see our house! Oldest son (his dad) told me I should have the movers on standby in case Turbo doesn’t approve and we have to move back. Ha! Not even for Turbo would I move again! But I’m really looking forward to having Turbo and his parents out. It’s Turbo’s mom’s birthday this weekend too, and Oldest son said she wanted red velvet cupcakes. I have a good recipe, now we’ll see if my oven is up to the job!
That’s my five, but I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has the best weekend ever!