TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Time is racing by and we’re already into the Holiday Season. Crazy! I’m not ready! That said, we are having Thanksgiving here. I already have RSVPs from the kids with dishes they are bringing, so that makes it so much easier. So I’m not really behind.
- Tuesday I found a frozen turkey at my regular store that was more than $50.00. Holy Sticker Shock, Batman! Then I went to Walmart to buy Maggie a new dog bed (she loves it!) and found the same size turkey for $27.00. SCORE! And it fits in my oven! I think it’ll be fun to have T-Day here as long as I keep insane Jen locked in the closet. Insane Jen will try to get all the furniture and wall hangings bought and placed and create a stupid impossible amount of pointless pressure. So she’s locked up tight and not getting out.
- I had my followup visit, at which point I found out they GI practice is closing. Insert eye roll here. But what I know is this so far: My ulcers are only from the meds that I’ve stopped taking. I don’t need to worry that other foods or drinks are causing them. I can adjust my diet to whatever makes me comfortable. Those are two good pieces of news. The other news (nothing bad) is that one, while the diet did help some of the occasional nausea, it did nothing to help the on and off again pain on my right side. Pain like that is so weird it could be anything and is likely nothing significant or worrisome. But I agreed to a CT scan to check out a couple more things. In the meantime, I’m watching my diet and taking some meds to help and we’ll see. Let me just say though, I have a diagnosis of a redundant and torturous colon, but honestly I think the medical system is MORE redundant and torturous. I just want someone to say, stop eating this food, take this vitamin and go live your life. Wouldn’t it be great if life were that easy?
- I have to brag. Wizard hung the cabinets he built for the garage with only my help!! I did it! Mostly because Wizard used a slide in bracket system that just required the two of us to lift the cabinet and slide it up and onto the bracket where it locks into place. I’ve helped him move, lift and saw quite a few parts. It’s amazing what the two of us can do if we think it through first. But if I’d had to try and hold those cabinets that high while he drilled and screwed them in, I doubt I could have done it.
- We have a plan to see Turbo tomorrow, but I’m skeptical it will happen. Oldest is working on kicking the cold, and there’s just a swirl of stuff happening. So I’m in wait and see mode. Today I’m dragging Wizard out (or will go by myself) to look at chairs (this isn’t Insane Jen, this is part-of-the-plan- budget-Jen ). Well that’s assuming if all the relatives are doing okay. They are more important than a chair or table.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!