TGIF! Time to dive into sharing five random things about our week.
- The medical system feels like it’s totally crashing in the last week or two in our neck of the woods. First brother in law is on hold waiting for treatment. We’re all not happy and baffled by this. It’s not good for him, and he’s stuck in a hospital waiting.
- For reasons I can’t begin to fathom, the imaging center decided they had to review my CT to see if it was medically necessary. Why? No clue, the specialist and my regular doc thought it was necessary, and sure enough the “team of doctors reviewing it” came to the same decision four business days later. It’s scheduled for late next week, and then I had a slew of paperwork to fill out. I’m sure there’s a reason but I can figure it out.
- On the upside, saw my regular doc today and felt like sanity had returned just because he’s so ground in reality and helpful. He rolled his eyes at the Fodmat diet I was on and said, “Most of my patients, like you, have already eliminated every problematic food from their diet.” I felt validated We’re all baffled by mysterious side pain, and all of us feel it will remain mysterious but we’ll go though this final step of the CT then…wish the side pain well and move on with our lives. (When all else fails, be sarcastic or ridiculous because seriously, who has time or money for all this????)
- All my pictures/wall art are still stacked in a corner of the living room. We keep trying to find time to lay them out and hang them. It’s becoming a fun joke. We’ll get to it eventually.
- Hmm…what else? Oh we have had gorgeous weather! A day or so of rain which we really needed. And fall like weather that I love! Maggie and I took a little hike on muddy dirt roads yesterday and neither one of us cared. Wizard just shook his head, but he knows I walk off stress. And my doctor also assure me and encouraged me to do all exercise that I want too including yoga, and I won’t make anything worse. That relieved Wizard’s mind. He knows me best and knows this is real even when I try to convince myself it’s in my mind. But the point of this is that I truly love and appreciate this weather!
This weekend, first I hope things happen for brother in law that need to happen. Second we want to see Turbo, but we’ll see how that goes. They will come out here if they can. So that was my five, now I really want to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!