TGIF!! I hope all of you in the tornado areas this week are okay. I was thinking of you ( and you specifically, Silver!). Now it’s time to dive into sharing five random things about our week. I’m trying to write mine in a 10 minute window of time I have, LOLOL!! It’s been that kind of week. So here we go!
- I’ve baked three kinds of bread and at least six double batches of cookies, and two eight inch cake layers so far. I have another double batch of cookie. All that is mostly in the freezer, and my freezer is bulging at the seems. I still have a double batch of pistachio cookies to make.
- I’m trying to find time to make fondant toppers for the vague and ever-changing cake design in my head. I need it by one p,m, on Sunday, so we’ll see if I get this cake done! So the cake was supposed to be a white chocolate cake that I’ll add layers of raspberry filling too. But I could not find the white chocolate instant pudding I needed, so I substituted cheesecake flavored pudding. I think that flavor will work with the raspberry filling, but my baking is always an adventure! I also planned on making some chocolate cupcakes, but I’m so short on time and freezer space, I don’t know if that’s even possible.
- My oven is getting mixed reviews. I’ve been using convection bake, and it’s slower. My cake and the cupcakes I’ve made in the past seem to do well. Cookies are mixed, some are underbaked, and my zucchini bread came out weird — flat and sticky. That’s either too low a temp with the fan blowing in the convection or my baking soda or powder is old. But the other breads baked fine so who knows. The chemistry in making is mysterious sometimes.
- Our family Christmas party is Sunday and that’s why this week is crazed. Well that and things just got out of control like they always do. That’s life!
- Today we hope to go to see Turbo in his pre-kindergarten Christmas play, and then we’ll go to dinner with Turbo and his family afterward. It’ll make for a long day so we arranged from Maggie to have an overnight spa weekend for her. She’ll get to play with friends and get her bath, and probably be mad at us:-) But it’s better for her and for us.
Okay I wrote then in like 12 minutes!!! Now it’s your turn, can you beat my time??? I hope everyone has a fun, safe and not too overwhelming weekend!