TGIF!! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It’s almost 2023!! It’s been a year for sure. While 2022 brought some challenges, I’m very grateful we were able to get into the new house, which has made life easier for us.
- I made lemon bars and wasn’t entirely happy with them, so then I made brownies. But I can stop baking any time I want. Really, I’m fine Okay, I’m also making thumbprint cookies today, but that’s entirely Wizards fault because he asked me to make them to take to a small a New Years Eve gathering at a neighbors. And now I have a question: Why are men so bad at party plans? The neighbor saw wizard and invited us through him, but I’m getting like six different versions from him on what I should bring…men! I’m not big on blaming men for most things, but it’s so true and that men and women communicate very differently! Oops, this was a run-on random thing, LOL.
- We had Biker Witch and her Biker Hubby over last night for dinner as a latish holiday celebration. I made manicotti which I haven’t made in years. Did you all know Manicotti shells are hard to find? At least they are in my area. I managed to improvise with oven ready lasagna noodles and I was very pleased with the results. I also found both a decent ricotta and mozzarella. I served the lemon bars and brownies for dessert (that’s perfectly normal for a four person dinner party, right?) We really enjoyed having them out. And now that this dinner is over, I’m out of excuses and probably have to put the Christmas tree and decorations away.
- I bought a new cookbook by a blogger I follow. I’m weirdly excited by this. I haven’t bought any version of a cookbook in years, but love thumbing through it, seeing the pictures and reading about dinner parties and such. In my head, I could pull off an amazing dinner party. In reality…it’d be a clown show, LOLOL! But I I’m totally enjoying the “old school” (as in a real book, not online) cookbook.
- I mentioned going to a small gathering at a new neighbor’s for New Year’s Eve. This party starts at 8pm. That’s perfect for me…if it’s a pajama party! I’m pretty much a couch potato about that time at night because I generally get up at 5:30 and go nonstop until about 7 or 8. But I really want to meet and chat with neighbors so I’m going to try to pull myself together into something presentable. Wish me luck!
I hope everyone has a great New Year’s Eve and we all take on 2023 with positivity and hope! Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week!
Happy New Year!