Friday, January 27th, 2023
TGIF!! Let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I forgot to mention, I made pizza dough and bread from scratch last week. Both turned out decent. I’m sure I can get better, but I was pleased for my first attempts at baking with yeast. Now that I know I can make pizza crust, I’m thinking about buying a pizza stone. I don’t think I actually need a stone, but it sounds fun, LOL.
- I remade the gluten free and dairy free chocolate chip cookies and I think I baked them much better this time. I made them smaller and used regular heat, not convection, and it worked. I happened to just have the ingredients and decided to try it.
- We are having actual weather this year. We had some pretty strong winds this week, and they made a mess. But the good news is we didn’t have to clean a pool after the winds! Now we’re expecting rain again this weekend, although I don’t think we’ll get as much as the last series of storms, which is good. I’m also really happy that we have all the concrete done, that makes it easier for us taking out trash and stuff, and Maggie won’t track in as much mud.
- As of yet, we still don’t know why I’m having, let’s just delicately call it pretty severe digestion distress. I think this is the fourth week now, and its like nothing like I’ve ever experienced for more than a couple days at most. Whatever this is, I don’t recommend it. We’re trying different meds to attempt to control the symptoms until we can figure out the problem.
- My health insurance has a new game — it’s called let’s hold certain medications hostage until the patient pays the entire year’s deductible up front. Since my deductible has several K’s in it, I am not liking this game. This is for the Humira that has controlled my RA for years so that I can do fun things like walk. I’m seeing my doctor next week to see if there are any options. I know I’m not alone, this is happening to a lot of people these days.
So that’s my really boring five. I hope next week I’ll be back to normal (okay I was never normal, LOL!), or at least more interesting. Now I’d love to hear your five! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
January 27th, 2023 at 1:39 pm · Link
If you have a state insurance commission, file a complaint against your insurance company. Our commission would be all over that like a K-9 after a perp. Yay for the cookies and baking. Boo on the health. That sucks. And wow! Weather! LOL Totally glad y’all got Phase 1 done. Those Santa Ana winds and rain are crazy. Okay. my five:
1. We had snow–sort of–Tuesday. Schools werel closed. Some places got 5 inches. some places got rain. We got mostly rain though there was some snow to cover up the dirt and brown grass until it rained again. More weather moving in next week and they’re talking ice. That’s worrisome. Don’t need moisture like that bad.
2. Stormy is being named “facility” player of the week. They featuer an athlete each week and Stormy was nominated for the soccer league. Cool stuffs. He’ll be on their website and stuff.
3. I’ve managed 4 chapters since last weekend. I’m running lazy today but I should get at least one more done today.
4. I’m in a blah reading/listening mood. I *know* what I want to read, I just can’t find a book that matches that *knowing.* I finished up a cozy historical mystery with a touch of magic. It was different. I really need to tumble onto a book or preferable a series that will grab me and keep me. LOL
5. Pete was funny about the snow. He’ll go out in the rain–sometimes. During the heaviest snowfall, when there was some actual snow on the ground, he went to the cat door while I getting the bird food ready. He stuck his head through. Took a look. And said, very plainly, “Nope.” He came back inside and went to his pillow where the heater blows on him. I popped the garage door to go out. He meowed and followed but sat right at the edge, just inside, watching me. When I came back inside, he followed me to the back of the garage, telling me how disappointed he was that I dared to open the door to the cold and go out in it. Boy, is he going to have a rude awakening next week. LOLOL
Blood donation tomorrow at noon. Soccer tomorrow night (last game, we think). Possible Wallyworld run on Sunday instead of Monday due to weather. Other than that, I’ll be working and probably still trying to find a stupid book to listen to. Have a great weekend, all!
January 27th, 2023 at 4:18 pm · Link
1. Glad you made the dough. Get the pizza stone. It makes a HUGE difference.
2. Cookies sound like they turned out great 😊.
3. It’s great that you’re getting rain and that the back yard is all set. Maggie must love it even if she isn’t getting to bring mud into the new house 😉.
4. That stinks! It would be so nice to have an answer to your digestive issues. I feel for you.
5. My insurance is like that too and it’s disgusting. Very maddening.
1a. Without saying what it is, hubs is beginning to stop the denial but only about 5%. He finally agreed to see someone and that will be Tuesday. He would not tell the truth on the on line forms, so this should be fun. I hope the therapist can see through him and actually help him deal with everything.
2a. That’s pretty much taking up my life.
3a. Had fun with NYS and trying to pay the stupid tolls by mail. Such a rip off. Glad I left NY in 1984. Couldn’t pay me to move back.
4a. Really wish I could have a glass of wine but I can’t afford to not be completely clear headed at all times.
5a. May see middle and his wife tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!
January 27th, 2023 at 4:47 pm · Link
Silver, I hadn’t thought of the insurance commissioner, thanks! It won’t change anything for me now, but it’s a good idea to let them know. Otherwise, I’ll get the health stuff worked out eventually. And I’m all for actually having weather this year At least the ground was saturated this time around with the winds, that helps a lot.
1) Ugh on the coming icy conditions. Even living in my mild weather area, I know ice is more dangerous than snow.
2) Big Congrats to Stormy!
3) Four chapters is awesome work!
4) Yep totally get what you mean about reading. Hope you find the book that sucks you in and won’t let you go.
5) Pete has very clear and strong opinions! I hope he copes with the cold and icy weather next week, LOL! He’ll probably blame you for it though
You’re weekend sounds pretty busy! I think it’s wise to hit Walmart on Sunday if the bad weather is coming Monday. Hope it’s a good weekend for you and LG!
January 27th, 2023 at 4:57 pm · Link
Viki, I will plan on getting a pizza stone soon, thanks! I had no idea if they really helped. Thanks on my stomach problems. Who know, it might just clear up on it’s own too — that can’t be any weirder that the whole situation.
1) It sounds really rough on both you and hubs. I hope the therapist helps. A good one should be able guide him into dealing with what the situation is. But it won’t happen overnight, unfortunately. I hope you are getting support too.
2) I’m truly sorry. I don’t have to know what it is to know how hard it is to live with difficult situations 24/7. It’s just (if not more) important for you to have the support you need in order to help hubs.
3) Tolls are a rip off. Sorry about the pain and frustration of trying to pay them online.
4) Just when you need the glass of wine the most, you can’t have it :-(. It probably doesn’t help, but I haven’t had wine for a while either.
5) I hope you get to see middle and his wife tomorrow!
I hope you had a good weekend. I know things are tough right now and just want you to know that I care.
January 27th, 2023 at 7:30 pm · Link
Yay for successful pizza dough! and Yay for cookies! Yay for actual weather? Not sure if weather’s a good thing or not, but at least it’s not boring, eh? Man, that’s awful about your digestion. I wish something as simple as yogurt would help. (Yogurt helps me, but my issues are piddlin’.) Damn health insurance. I hope it gets sorted out or the doc finds you a cost-effective substitution. :HUGS:
1) I went back to work today after two and a half sick days. Good thing I went back, too, because I had like 27 emails to deal with that had to be done like yesterday.
2) I’m not running at 100% yet, which blows. And now Hubs has it, which blows worse. I feel really bad that I brought this home to him.
3) Hubs made me dinner tonight, even with his cold. BBQ pork roast with potatoes.
4) I had to take one of the company cars to get new tires this morning. I drive a Chevy Cavalier. This thing was a van. What a beast. Ugh, I know what I’ll never be buying when I get a new car. Gimme a four-door sedan any day.
5) I think I need a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. With peanut butter. And Hershey’s dark chocolate sauce. Yep. :wanders off:
January 28th, 2023 at 3:47 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all! The weather is good, I’m enjoying the variety (well it’s variety for So Cal). I’m so glad yogurt works for you! Seriously, it’s not piddlin when it’s happening to us. And we’ll work something out for my RA.
1) That cold sounds like it hit you pretty hard. And then you had to go back to 27 urgent emails. I’m sorry.
2) Poor hubs, sorry you both got sick. There’s not much you couldn’t have done to prevent him from getting the cold.
3) Yum! He is awesome!
4) I’m with you! I don’t mind small SUVs but not the big tanks.
5) Hope you enjoyed every bit of your ice cream with all the toppings.
Hope you’re having a good weekend.