TGIF!! Let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I forgot to mention, I made pizza dough and bread from scratch last week. Both turned out decent. I’m sure I can get better, but I was pleased for my first attempts at baking with yeast. Now that I know I can make pizza crust, I’m thinking about buying a pizza stone. I don’t think I actually need a stone, but it sounds fun, LOL.
- I remade the gluten free and dairy free chocolate chip cookies and I think I baked them much better this time. I made them smaller and used regular heat, not convection, and it worked. I happened to just have the ingredients and decided to try it.
- We are having actual weather this year. We had some pretty strong winds this week, and they made a mess. But the good news is we didn’t have to clean a pool after the winds! Now we’re expecting rain again this weekend, although I don’t think we’ll get as much as the last series of storms, which is good. I’m also really happy that we have all the concrete done, that makes it easier for us taking out trash and stuff, and Maggie won’t track in as much mud.
- As of yet, we still don’t know why I’m having, let’s just delicately call it pretty severe digestion distress. I think this is the fourth week now, and its like nothing like I’ve ever experienced for more than a couple days at most. Whatever this is, I don’t recommend it. We’re trying different meds to attempt to control the symptoms until we can figure out the problem.
- My health insurance has a new game — it’s called let’s hold certain medications hostage until the patient pays the entire year’s deductible up front. Since my deductible has several K’s in it, I am not liking this game. This is for the Humira that has controlled my RA for years so that I can do fun things like walk. I’m seeing my doctor next week to see if there are any options. I know I’m not alone, this is happening to a lot of people these days.
So that’s my really boring five. I hope next week I’ll be back to normal (okay I was never normal, LOL!), or at least more interesting. Now I’d love to hear your five! I hope everyone has a great weekend!