Friday, April 7th, 2023
TGIF! Let’s get right to sharing five random things about our week:
- This week, I hit the ground running and it hasn’t let up! Of course it’s mostly Wizards fault for daring to have a birthday He seemed to have a really good one though, and he loved the mini cheesecake topped with raspberry sauce and fresh whipped cream. I took one bite, and it was good. Overall making two small mini cheesecakes worked out really well, and I’ll do it again if the need arises. And an added note: I wasn’t deprived, I bought a dairy free, dark chocolate bar for myself and was very happy.
- I did a fairly dramatic hair cut for me. I have a pic with it after I blow dried it and did a bunch of errands, but it’s not officially styled. I love the cut, and I’m growing the bags so that they will eventually do a side swoop. The darker color was a shock, but I knew it would be. We may adjust it a little, but I wanted to live with it for a few weeks to see what I like over time. I was so tired of my hair that this is a fun change and easy for me to blow dry and go.
- We got the big back planters done! Wizard did all the drip lines and dug all the holes. He planted about half the plants too when I wasn’t home, and I did the rest. We are really happy with that! Here’s two late afternoon pics after the work was done, but you get the idea:
- I finally made Maggie’s appointment to get her teeth cleaned and the small lipoma on her belly removed. It’s really overdo and that bothers me a lot. I’m not worried about the lipoma, we are reasonably sure that’s not a problem but it should be easy to remove since she’ll already be under sedation. But small dogs can get really ugly problems with their teeth. So while her appointment isn’t until June 8th, I feel better just having the cleaning arranged.
- Today we plan to go see Wizard’s mom. Then I’ll come home and bake easy cookies to take to our friend’s house tomorrow. I had to change that plan from cupcakes I was excited to make due to a time crunch. Life does that sometimes
That’s my five and now I’d really love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
April 7th, 2023 at 6:08 am · Link
Happy Birthday, Wizard! I’m glad he had a good one, although I’m sorry to hear you were so busy. Wow, I love the hairdo! Rockin’ it, girlfriend. Ooo, pretty planters! (I read it first as ‘big black panthers. I really need to wear my glasses more often.) I’m glad you got Maggie’s appointment set. Sometimes it helps just knowing you’ve crossed something off your list. Have a nice visit with Wizard’s mom. (The Sorceress?) And enjoy making cookies!
1) I thought I was busy at work before, but that was a lie.
2) We’re currently hunting for a cat. It’s harder than I thought it was going to be. When went to two different rescues last weekend and the first place had okay cats, but nothing quite right. The second place had ‘special needs’ kitties or cats that hissed at me. Which I took kinda personal because I am sort of the cat whisperer. And now it looks like even the okay cats have been adopted. Ah well, we’ll keep trying.
3) Maybe the universe is telling us to get a dog. If we had time for a dog, I’d listen.
4) I made mac n cheese with chicken and sweet onions last night. It was pretty darn yummy.
5) I found pistachio ice cream at the store the other day. I wouldn’t want to eat it every day, but it was a super yummy change from my usual chocolate or vanilla.
April 7th, 2023 at 6:51 am · Link
I should’ve looked at the rescue website before I posted. They’ve got four new kitties ready to go. We;re going to try and get this one tomorrow: https://www.adoptapet.com/pet/37767959-washburn-missouri-cat Fingers crossed he’s still there by the time we get there. (We met him last week, but he wasn’t ready to be adopted yet.)
April 7th, 2023 at 2:53 pm · Link
1. I’m glad the mini cakes worked out. I bet that one bite was yummy. Great idea picking up the chocolate bar💗.
2. Cute cut! A little sassy 😉. As you know, I always comment when my hair is accidentally made dark. It fades and highlights have made me happy. But I think the color looks good on you. Let us know in a week or so how you feel. I think you’ll be happy.
3. The backyard looks GREAT! You guys did a nice job planning it all out.
4. It really takes a weight off knowing that the fur babies appointments are set. Getting teeth cleaned is a must. Poor Pee Wee lost most of his by the end of his time and DIL had him in all the time. Small dogs really do have to be watched.
5. I hope Wizard’s mom is doing okay and that you have a lovely visit. Cookies are always a nice treat.
1a. I went to Walmart this morning for a couple every day items including eggs. I was there 40 minutes to buy 4 things. Crazy. Happy I didn’t have to go to the grocery store. That would have been worse.
2a. Boiled up some eggs to make deviled eggs and 1 blew up. It was floating so I knew it was a bad egg. Good thing I don’t need that many.
3a. Middle and DIL, aka AA went to NYC last night. DIL has a friend there so off they went. They better keep safe in that insane city.
4a. Youngest and Lady, aka CC, will be here for Easter dinner. She is a vegetarian so I’m making her broccoli soup while we have ham.
5a. Decided it was easier to give the youngest letter designations but won’t with Harrison’s parents because they would be JC and someone much higher up has that already 😄.
I hope you have a blessed Easter!
April 7th, 2023 at 5:44 pm · Link
B.E., OMG that kitten is too freaking adorable! I hope you can get him or her! I could look at the pics all day
Thanks so much on my hair and the back yard. We are happy about the yard, and I’m really liking my hair probably because I needed a change. LOL on The Sorceress! It somehow just doesn’t describe her and that makes it funnier. She was doing well today and really enjoys seeing Maggie. Now for you:
1) Seriously? You must be superwoman these days!
2) Bummer, but your second post cheered me up. I fell in love with that cat on the pictures alone.
3) It sounds like you might have found the right pet. A dog can join your lives later when your schedule slows a bit.
4) Sounds like a good dinner! And not too time consuming to make.
5) Pistachio ice cream isn’t always easy to find (at least in my area), so that was a score for you. It’s good to change up things now and then.
I forgot to wish you a Happy Easter, so hope you have a good one and a nice weekend!
April 7th, 2023 at 6:00 pm · Link
Viki, it really did take the weight off to get the appointment for Maggie. It’ll be a bit expensive this time with the lipoma removal, and I was probably thinking Wizard would object — but of course, he didn’t (he understands preventative care). And he loves how much joy Maggie brings his mom — I’m not exaggerating. He truly appreciates that in Maggie. And thanks so much on my hair.
1) I bet it was insane at Walmart! You were brave, but we often have to be in order to get holidays meals prepped!
2) Glad you had enough eggs so you didn’t have to go back to the store.
3) I hope they have a good time in NYC and come home safe. I’m sure they will be reasonably careful.
4) Broccoli soup sounds good, and it’s really nice of you to make it for her. Not everyone is willing to accommodate diet/lifestyle choices. I’m sure everything will turn out delicious!
5) The letter designations are good ideas. I can see why you might not want to use JC, although I have a friend named Jaycee and don’t ever think about it.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter too! I just blanked on Easter yesterday when I wrote the blog