TGIF! Once again, I’m shocked how fast Friday arrived! The days are just whizzing by. But it is Friday, so it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
1) Outside where we just planted flowers, we have something called Dog Vomit Slime because it looks like dog vomit (or scrambled eggs…but lets not go there). It’s so weird, but apparently harmless. When we first saw it appear one morning this week, we thought Maggie had been very sick and were concerned. Then we learned what it was…LOLOL! The best part is that Maggie is fine.
2) It’s been another busy week, mostly because I keep trying to do too many things in too few hours I used to think it was because I spent so many hours writing or trying to write, but now I’m getting a clearer picture of my…uh…let’s call it optimism on how much I can actually do in a day. I blame my brain that refuses to let me sit down or do fun things if I have not checked off the tasks I put on my mental check list. I mean I should be able to hit a delete button somewhere right? But my brain is not a believer in the delete button.
3) I bought a bunch of shirts. I’m desperate for clothes for various reasons, and made myself start somewhere. It’s just a few t-shirts and tank tops, but I’m proud of myself for finding that much. Although I was shocked at how much it cost. I mean I shopped at The Gap at an outlet center and all the shirts were on sale. Maybe I just hate spending money on clothes that don’t turn me into a young supermodel Next I have to clean the crap out of my closet. I have some basically unwearable things in there I’ve hung onto “just in case” but I’m never clear on what that “just in case” might actually be. Like a locust invasion where no one will notice shredding seams because I’ll be covered in buzzing grasshoppers???
4) I just began hydrating my new sourdough starter that I bought freeze dried. I’ll know by next week how that’s doing. It’s for a white bread sourdough, meaning it’s basically all-purpose flour and water. Rye-N, who is now misname because I’ve converted him from a rye flour starter to a wheat flour starter, is doing amazing! I feed him roughly once a week and he rises like the superstar every time. I hope my new starter, Willa, does the same. (Willa came to me with that name, so I’m keeping it).
5) The plan this weekend is for Special K and Turbo to come over on Saturday. CPA Boy will come too if he can, but he’s still in tax season so he’ll play it by ear. We’re looking forward to that! I may even try out a new chicken enchilada recipe while they’re here — we’ll see. It all depends if I can get some prep done, and if I can’t, no one will care. The point is to just have fun with Special K, Turbo and maybe CPA Boy.
So that was my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!