TGIF! I hope everyone had a great week! Let’s get right to sharing five random things in our week:
- Clearly I can read a calendar, because until last night, I thought I was on jury duty starting this Monday. Wizard informed me that the 15th isn’t until the following Monday. It works out well for me as I had a few things I’d like to do next week but thought I couldn’t make plans. So that’s happy news.
- My Monday doctor appointment with my GI doctor was great! I have a diagnosis of elimination of IBS (Irritable Bowl Syndrome) which is a vague condition they don’t fully understand yet so they call it a “syndrome”. This doctor has been tremendously helpful in giving me tools to regain control, and once he pointed me in the right direction, I have done (and continue to do) a huge amount of research. When the doctor found that out how much effort and real change I’ve put into this, down to making my own bread, he was so pretty excited. I’m technically “released” with the caveat that I call him if I experience symptoms that I can’t get control of pretty quickly. I can’t let myself get to a point of losing weight uncontrollably for weeks again, and I’m understand that. I don’t really want to go through it again either :-). But yay for no more doctors, tests and labs for a while!
- I got my hair done yesterday and really like it! She redid the color to a cooler tone which I love. Wizard liked the warmer reddish tones but it’s my hair and he’s smart enough to be happy that I’m happy I really love the cut too. I’d take a picture but I don’t want to, LOL!
- Maggie wanted to say something here: Guys guess what? I got a bath and a mani-pedi! And my friends at the groomers put this jazzy scarf on me too! My mom said I’m beautiful!
- This weekend we are having some of Wizard’s family out. I’m making chicken and beef enchiladas, rice and apple pie. I hopefully will get some sourdough bread made too and plan a bruschetta to go with it but that depends on how all I get done. We are looking forward to seeing them!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours!