TGIF! And Happy Early Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! Okay, time to jump into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I’m actually reading a book! It’s been a while since I’ve even opened one. This book BREAKING BADGER (The Honey Badger Chronicles #4) by Shelly Laurenston. I really needed something light and funny, and Shelly is perfect.
- We went out to Wizard’s mom’s yesterday and are mentally wiped out as I write this Thursday evening. This time we didn’t take Maggie because we needed to take care of some things. But on a sweet note, when his mom found out about all our planting flowers for our backyard, she went out and collected a bunch of cuttings from her flowers for us to plant more. Wizard and I will plant those today. I hope the flowers take and we can have “his mom’s flowers” in our backyard for a very long time. (By the way, this really is normal life stuff we’re dealing with — people get older, and other people get sick, we are just dealing with a lot of it at once lately).
- Maggie was sad we didn’t take her to Wizard’s moms, so when we got home, we took her to Home Depot to buy some pots to plants the flowers. She forgave us then
- Biker Witch and I planned to have coffee, do some shop browsing and then to Trader Joes yesterday, but both our lives decided took a plot twist and we couldn’t do it I guess the good news is it worked out best for both of us, and we’ll reschedule as soon as we can. Also, I know Trader Joes is a weird place to want to go, but it’s in the outlet mall we were meeting at and we both like the store
- It’s Mother’s Day Weekend. Hilariously, I didn’t realized it until a little over a week ago We’ll go to breakfast, and see youngest for sure as he asked us about it last weekend. The other two live farther and it’s harder to arrange that, so a phone call is probably best. Hopefully we’ll see Turbo soon too!
That’s my kind of lame five, I bet your five can top mine!
Happy Mother’s Day and have a great weekend!