TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- This morning, I finished my antibiotics. I’ve tolerated them pretty well, but my stomach is definitely ready to be done. I clearly had some infection that this took care of which is good. For the record, I’d rather not take antibiotics but they are amazing when we actually need them.
- This week I batched cooked a lot, including sourdough bread. Mostly just so I can feed myself, LOL. Limiting the amount of process food, gluten and dairy I eat keeps me busy in the kitchen. On the upside, I have the time since I’m not on constant deadlines. There really isn’t a downside beyond laziness. And while we’re talking about cooking, I don’t think my cilantro herb plant is going to survive the summer heat. I knew it probably wouldn’t but was hoping for a little cilantro magic since I use it a lot. But it turned really hot this week and cilantro doesn’t look good. I did a little first aid today, but my hopes are not high. On the other hand, I’ve used him in many dishes so he’s been a good provider up till now
- One of our stresses this week was we had to find new homeowners insurance, and that’s become very difficult in “fire prone” areas. Several insurers have pulled out in fire and flood areas in CA. Wizard took the lead on this, and I think we have it solved. But wow, it was a little scary there for a bit. We did have a last resort solution because we saw this coming before we bought this house, but it was definitely not our first choice. Anyhow, just wanted to mention that Wizard tackled this one and got it solved (unless something changes at the last minute), which has taken some really worry off us. The neighbors are all going through this too and we are all sharing info which also helps.
- So, don’t laugh, but I finally called my brother I don’t talk to him and his wife as often as I’d like because I’m terrible at making calls. I feel like I accomplished something big this week to stop what I was doing and make the call! I think about people all the time, but my mental telephone, text and email system is seriously unreliable. So that’s my big accomplishment this week, LOL. He’s only slightly better at making calls than me — it’s genetic flaw, I think.
- I’ve had lunch plans with a friend that we’ve had to reschedule for two weekends now. Sometimes life just does not want to cooperate. So this weekend is a mystery and anything can happen!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!