TGIF! Sorry guys for being late. Life is a roller coaster. This will have to be quick as I’m leaving to go get an x-ray. Here’s my five:
- Monday I had to clean carpets after taking Maggie to boarding. We don’t know what’s going on with the carpets, but we do know we hope to put new floors in with the next couple years (that was part of our original plan with this house). And I knew the my infection or whatever it is in my nose was coming back. I said nothing because Wizard’s surgery is important and I am not contagious. I’ve even done covid tests. It’s something going on with me, not a virus.
- Tuesday was a blur but things went well. The only complication was boarding couldn’t get Maggie’s bath done. They kept her another night at no charge, which helps us out too.
- Wednesday I went to my own doctor and he could see my nose and throat are inflamed. And he can see the sore spot. I need a full sinus xray and he’s getting me a referral to a specialist to determine what it is. He also gave me strong prescription ointment and that’s helping. If it clears it up and my x-ray is okay, I could skip the specialist, but it also might be wise to have it checked out (it’s wise, I know). After that, I picked up Maggie and brought her home. She was tired and not real hungry but she ate her dinner okay. 3a) While at boarding the last night, Maggie staged a “prison break” getting out of her enclosure and opening the gate to the small front lobby. Wizard and I cracked up about that. She was fine — the door was locked. The owner found her early the next morning just casually wandering around. Maggie is very intelligent when she wants to be, so this both surprises and doesn’t surprise me. She’s so “good” she rarely does stuff like that. But she is also driven to find me.
- Maggie was very sick and crying very early Thursday morning. I didn’t know it (I hadn’t slept in two nights so I was out cold), so Wizard just put her in her bed in our room. It wasn’t until the next morning I discovered she’d been really sick. And then she started having bloody diarrhea. It was a long day trying to care for her and get her into her vet. They tried, but last night I ended up taking her to emergency. They did a free evaluation and determined she’s stable enough to go home. They believe she found something to eat at boarding and with her history, her insides got irritated and bled a bit. There’s a reason we keep her on a strict diet. Not to blame the boarding place — there’s a lot of dogs and people, and things can happen. Her vet then called late that evening right after I got home from the emergency vet, and said it could also be stress colitis which fits Maggie’s history too. They have meds on standby for me to pickup if she needs them. Now she’s on a rice, boiled chicken and water diet.
- I slept with Maggie and she’s looking better this morning. Assuming that holds, I’ll go get my x-ray. So far, Wizard is healing as expected. He’s in pain, but ice helps a lot. With all this, it’s been a hard week BUT everyone has been nice and helpful where they can. There are not enough vets and too much demand. Hopefully Wizard and Maggie will be fine And one day I’ll catch up on sleep, exercise and cleaning the house.
So that was my week, how was yours? Hope everyone has a great weekend!