TGIF!! Friday showed up again, which means it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- This week has been a heck of a lot better than last week! The heat is on at a 100+ daily here and that’s limiting our outdoor stuff, but otherwise, not a bad week. I did a few things like got my hair done. It’s still short and I like it most of the time. I also bought makeup. I’ve never been good at makeup, but I wear it daily just to feel like I made an effort. And I baked some sourdough bread and gluten free, dairy free brownies. The bread seemed to come out fine. The brownies are from a recipe off the internet, and somehow, the oven temp didn’t print so I guessed 350 degrees. Gluten free flour is tricky so these are Goldilocks brownies — they might be overdone, underdone or just right
- Wizard got his stitches out, and that night, he opened up one spot on his eyelid. I mentally over-reacted, but it turned out to be fine, just a little surface break in the healing area. We treated it, did a makeshift butterfly bandage to sleep with to prevent him from accidently scratching it, and it’s healing up well. Whew — for a few minutes, I thought I was going to have to drag him to Urgent Care.
- My sinus x-rays have not yet been read by the radiologist as of late Thursday afternoon. It’ll be a week today. If it’s not read and the report issued by this morning, I will be calling and “encouraging” people to do their jobs. If I get resistance, I’ll be informing my insurance that a provider they are paying is not doing their job. I’ve been patient and nice until now, but they are running a cattle operation there, and I’m over it.
- Due to the heat, if we run out of things to do in the late afternoon or evening, we’ve been watching Yellowstone. Now I’ve never been to Montana, but I’m guessing this may not be a fair representation of the state in all things, LOL. But as long as one doesn’t mind violence and murder being the go-to solution for all life’s problems, the show can be entertaining. And we’re watching it together which is nice. Maggie can even get on the couch outside of her normal couch time. She loves it!
- We hope to go see Turbo on Sunday. Oldest offered to have us over but I didn’t nail down the plan as I should have. Today I need to do that with my daughter in law, only because she knows their family schedule better than my son and there may be something he forgot going on that day. Otherwise she always welcomes us. That will be fun!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend — I think we all deserve that!