TGIF! Let’s leap right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It was raining when I got up this morning! I knew we were supposed to have showers, but that still surprised me. It’s humid and a good day to spend inside doing other stuff.
- We will be here in this house a year next month! Hard to believe. So far, we don’t have any regrets. We do have some things we wish the housing track had done better, but that’s a pretty normal experience I think. People ask us all the time if we miss the pool, I assume they ask it because we loved that pool so much. Now that I’ve answered that like, a thousand time, here’s how I respond: We cherish the memories of pool parties and family time, but ultimately, we were ready to move into the next phase of our lives. And we are thrilled that old neighbors tell us they hear the new owners out there in the pool all the time. That’s actually a great feeling that another family is enjoying it.
- And after a year of using a large folding table as a desk, we finally ordered a desk and a filing cabinet. The desk is long, but simple with only three drawers to keep it manageable for us to move (and clean around when I get ambitious). It’s coming today and I’m excited! We are holding off on buying any bookshelves until we decide what we need, and if we can paint the ones we have or not. I’m not at all stressed about that. And slightly related to this — Wizard and I set a one year in the house deadline to clean out the boxes we never unpacked in two closets. We needed the new desk and filing cabinet to do that since a lot of it is office stuff or books. So the next month or two will be sorting all that out, figuring out what to keep and what to let go of. I just don’t want to keep useless clutter unless it has a purpose or special meaning.
- My air fryer. Man I debated two years on this thing, but one week into owning it, I love it so far. I’ve made lots of vegetables, some breaded chicken strips and taquitos in there so far. My air fryer is fairly big (6 quarts) and I do have an easy place to store it, and enough counter space to use it when I like. I think it’s one of those things that depends on your cooking style and if you have the space to store it or keep on your counter. I’ll keep you updated as I use it more!
- We went to see Wizard’s mom on Wednesday and Maggie was so happy! She loves going over there! Wizard and I were pleased as his mom seemed to be doing pretty well. Aging is not easy and she’s had her struggles with some memory issues and other things. But yesterday, she laughed at something and I’d realized I hadn’t heard her laugh like that in months. In a week with some worrisome moments about another loved one, seeing Wizard’s mom more like her old self gave us a huge lift!
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!