TGIF!! Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week. It’d be helpful if I could remember things that happened this week Oh well, here’s mine:
- Yesterday, I made the batter for the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I’ll bake them today (I refrigerate overnight). I also baked sourdough and generally found ways to make myself tired because I see to have two switches: Lazy or Nonstop, LOL.
- The chocolate chip cookies I made are good, but yesterday my stomach sent out some surrender messages. Wizard tentatively said, “You think it’s the cookies?” I sad-faced him so hard. Of course its the cookies, but can’t I be in denial just a bit longer? Does he need to say it out loud? This is a easy fix, if I want cookies, I just make some that I can eat and I’m good. I’ll make some cookies I can eat and be fine. I’m just glad that I can eat special things now and again and it doesn’t usually bother me. The white chocolate ones don’t really tempt me as much.
- I got my hair done yesterday and my hairdresser said she’s leaving. Dang it, this is like the third one in a few years. But I’m happy for her as she’s moving to another part of the country where she can do more of her hobby of barrel riding.
- This is the time of year when I (and probably most others) get really tired of the heat. And totally not connected to the heat, but I’m dropping it in here anyway: I need to teach myself how to manage and update my website and deal with my blog, but I don’t want to. I just don’t. Once years and years ago, I was able to do some of it, but then I got busy, happily hired professionals and forgot everything I knew. I’m whining, resisting and procrastinating with every fiber of my being! It’s not even that I’m not even that I’m not capable of learning it, I just don’t want to.
- The plan this weekend is that on Saturday Wizard and Youngest will go to his brothers while I get some things done here. And Sunday, Wizard will go racing and I plan to go out to see Oldest, Special K and Turbo. I haven’t done that in so long, and sometimes I really love going by myself. Wizard loves going by himself once in a while too :-). I’m looking forward to a nice low-key day.
That’s my five and now I’d love to hear yours! I hope all of you have a great weekend!