TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week. I want to hear all of yours. Mine will be a little different, you’ll see why in a sec. Please don’t take this post as sad. This is my week (the last few weeks, we’ve been focused on this below)
- I’m sorry I didn’t answer Wednesday. I read them but…
- Wednesday evening we lost our beloved family member. It was a blessing that he went peacefully to God and is free of suffering now. Of course we’ll grieve, but we also got the gift of time with our family member. I’m not going to say too much more right now, except that I had the honor of helping where I could in this time and I cherished every second that I could. I love Wizard’s family for trusting me to do that. To be clear there are many heroes in this story and I’m not one of them, I’m just part of a backup crew who helped where I could.
- Maggie has been good as gold through all this. We have left her for such long blocks of time and she just accepts it, never has accidents and makes us feel welcomed and loved when we come home.
- Though all this I made a new friend named Bailey. She’s a beautiful small dog who is afraid of strangers and she needs to build trust in her friends. We quickly became fast friends However I have been sternly warned that I cannot steal Bailey. That seems completely unreasonable to me, but whatever :-).
- As weird as it sounds, this week has brought so many moments of deep joys, sweet family connections and I have witnessed and felt so very much love. Of course there will be sad moments, more tears and a few more hurdles to jump, but mostly, there will be love and that is everything.
Please know, I’m sharing, not looking for sympathy. Now I very much want to hear five random things about your week. I care about all of you too. I have thought of you this week, I just haven’t been home to answer — but I should be home today!
Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend!