TGIF!! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week.
- Hot and Dry. So very dry. It’s supposed to cool off next week, but the dryness is getting to me. After all my whining about humidity this summer, it’s pretty funny that now I’m complaining about it being so dry. Also if weather is my biggest complain, then life is pretty danged good.
- This week, I finally made a gluten free, dairy free chocolate chip cookie that I’m happy with! This was a win for me. I’ve probably tried a half dozen recipes or tweaks, and they all turned into runny pancakes in the oven no matter what I did. I finally found a recipe with cornstarch as the magic ingredient. Gluten and dairy free will never taste exactly like one made with flours that have gluten and real butter, but this one worked for me!
- I also marinaded a boneless chicken breast in a lemon thyme brine (with thyme from my little garden!) and cooked it in my air fryer. We loved it and got two meals out of one large chicken breast. It was a huge chicken breast This is the first week in a while when I did some fun cooking or baking.
- Last night, we went to dinner with Biker Witch and her hubby. I’m writing this yesterday right before we actually go, so all I can say is that I expect we’ll have a nice evening. We asked them to go because while we’re running a bit tired, we also want to do things with people we love and enjoy. We’re going to a Mexican restaurant, something we haven’t gone out for in a long time.
- Middle son is the one coming out on Saturday with his wife and two dogs. They are living through a home renovation so we invited them for dinner hoping to give them a break from cooking in their fifth-wheel trailer or going out. Plus we just enjoy hanging with them And I get to see my two grand dogs as a bonus!
That’s my five, and now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!