TGIF!! I don’t know how it’s Friday again! It’s crazy how fast time is going. Halloween is next week and then we’re into the holiday season. This has been a weird year. Okay let’s get to sharing five random things about our week (let’s see what I can remember, LOL!):
- So I got my shirts for the memorial that’s a week from today. But I sent them back. Wizard was out, found a great shirt for me and bought it. I was so surprised! And this shirt I’ll happily wear over and over, so that’s a win all around.
- Our bookshelf came for the office. It’s pretty, and I’m happy we have it. But it’s not going to be filled for a couple weeks. Wizard is handling some estate things for his brother, and I could see he just didn’t have the bandwith doing the work in the office, including some rearranging to make sure we have the best layout and see if we have enough storage. So I suggested we just put that on hold until he has a few pressing details handled. He was relieved, and I’m fine with it. We have a houseguest next week and the service, then a small trip. That’s more than enough right now. Plus the office is so improved and functions so well, that we’re happy.
- Today we’re going to check out another possible pet sitter for Maggie. She does it in her house, and only a few animals at a time. Now that Maggie’s getting older, it might be a more ideal situation for her. I know my sister would watch her too and Maggie would be very happy and well cared for. But things come up that might include my sister and Maggie needs a safe and comfortable place to go. It’s a deal Wizard and I made when we first got her, and it’s been more useful than I would have imagined. It’s an added expense to any trip, but worth it to know Maggie’s safe.
- I took Maggie to the vet on Monday for a routine vaccine and other stuff. For an extra $15.00, they cut Maggie’s toenails too — they did a great job! She has black toenails and they often aren’t cut short enough for fear of hitting the quick. These are the perfect length! Then I gave her a bath at home, and did some minor (careful) blow drying. Maggie was so not pleased with me, LOLOL!! But she forgave me when I told her I had a special treat for her. She ran to the pantry and waited, then happily chewed her small treat bone thing.
- This weekend, we’re going to see Oldest, Special K and Turbo’s house. We’re looking forward to that. I’m taking red velvet cupcakes because we didn’t really celebrate Special K’s birthday due to my brother-in-law being so sick. Special K was so sweet and understanding, but I at least want to take her the cupcakes I know she likes. Oldest is going to make hamburgers on his new grill too, so it should be nice!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!