TGIF!! This was the shortest week in history! But here we are on Friday again, and that means it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I made meatloaf! It’s been years since I made it. I used oatmeal which made it gluten free and it was fine. Meatloaf isn’t my favorite but it’s good for something different. I really like it dipped in mustard, is that weird? Even better, I divided the leftovers into two more meals and froze it, so that’s a win I enjoy cooking, but I also appreciate have easy meals available, and stretching food dollars when I can. Next up, I’m trying my daughter-in-laws gluten and dairy free creamy lemon pasta dish — I’m excited about that one! I let you know what I think of that after I make it.
- With all that’s been going on, I’ve been doing less yoga. I tried to keep doing some, and maintained a reasonable amount of flexibility and balance. But I am definitely going to work a bit harder to get all the way back to where I was. That said, all the yoga I’ve done for a couple years now really helped me keep up with what I needed to do these last few months I did keep up with the walking — Maggie and I generally do one and a half to two miles a day unless weather or obligations get in our way. Walking is a great way for me to manage stress, and it’s great for Maggie too.
- While in Cambria, I had something called a Chevre Omelet for breakfast. It had roasted balsamic red peppers, spinach and goat cheese. I enjoyed it. I also had an ollaberry muffin that was delicious. I don’t remember having ollaberries before, but I could have and just forgotten. The muffin did have dairy so I only had a few bites, but it was soooo good! Those were the most new-to-me food I had. The last night, we ate on a patio overlooking the ocean. The food was good, but standard so nothing to really talk about. However despite it being dark, we could feel and hear the ocean across the street, and the weather was cool not cold. The atmosphere and company made it perfect.
- I’m going to tease Wizard here. So we told him we were going to see the elephant seals. Evidently, what Wizard heard was elephants and seals. He never said anything until after we saw the seals. He told us afterward that he’d realized elephant was the species of seals. But when we’d first told him, he could not figure out how or why elephants would be there with the seals. LOLOL!! We cracked up. But honestly, I’ve done things like that, so I can’t laugh to hard. Plus on the way home from my brother in law’s service a few days before that, I was so tired, I told my son to check the weather when I meant check the traffic. My son and his wife tormented me for the hour long drive home about that (youngest son and his wife were with me as Wizard and his brother were driving the deceased brother’s Mustang). We all do silly stuff that makes people around us laugh.
- Last night, oldest son sent pictures of himself on the roof hanging Christmas lights. Sigh…why do my kids do this to me? Even though they are all responsible adults, I always have a mom-moment when I see stuff like that! Trust me, they know it and do it just to freak me out But seriously, he’s going all out and making his house bright and fun for the holidays! Turbo loves it! We’re going to have to put up some lights and get some decorations for our house soon. But I haven’t thought that far ahead yet I will soon. Maybe…or not…and either way is fine.
That’s my five. Not super exciting, but it works for me. Now I’d love to hear your five!