TGIF!! We are already a week into December, this year is racing toward 2024 now. With no time to waste, lets jump right into sharing five random things about our week:
- I made dairy and gluten free pumpkin cookies for youngest. He’d mentioned about 7 times he liked them, so I finally took the very subtle hint and made them. Cookies are my favorite things to make for smaller projects. But I miss making cakes and decorating them. I’ll get back to it this next year though, and I keep reminding myself of that.
- I’m not very happy with the Christmas cards I ordered, but I suspect most of it is user error — in other words, I didn’t design them very well using the vendor program to create the cards. So basically I’m annoyed at myself. I’ll shrug it off though, in the scheme of things we need to worry about, this one doesn’t even count, LOL.
- We went to a funeral this week and needed to pick up Wizard’s mom and her husband on the way. Traffic made us late, so they were going to drive themselves. We were stressed about that, but in a stroke of great luck, we managed to arrive at their house just as they were getting in the car to leave. That was a huge relief for us! The service was lovely. However, I’m a bit concerned about Wizard’s mom’, but given her age, that worry is pretty normal.
- Yesterday we went to his brothers (the one who passed) and got all his clothes packed up. It was just too hard for his wife, which is understandable. We took care of that, and as a bonus, I got to see their dog, Bailey! She’s such a sweetie. She and I are good friends now, and when we left, she watched us in the window. It was so cute. I wish I’d taken a picture of her, but I didn’t think of it at the time.
- Today we are going to try to go to the Shelby Museum in Irvine, CA, unless we’re both just too tired. Other than that, I don’t know exactly what we are doing this weekend. I’m hoping Wizard can go racing Sunday. It’d be good for him to hang out with some friends. I’m going to finish up some Christmas stuff and maybe plan out a fun holiday cake (per #1 above) if time and energy allows me to focus on it. This week was a bit of a drain, and it’d do us both good to slow down for a day or two and catch our breath a bit. On the other hand, life has a way of changing plans that keeps us hopping so we’ll see.
That’s my five — one of my New Years Hopes is to be less boring in blogs and life in general Now I’d love to hear your five! I hope everyone has a great weekend!