TGIF! We all know what that means — it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Under stupid stuff I do: Wizard was in what we laughingly call our media room (it’s such a joke, we have a small, 25 year old TV in there that we stream stuff on.) I went in to ask him a question, and I faked annoyance at his answer. I said, “This is me stomping out!” Wizard laughed and said, “Let’s see what you’ve got.” So I flung my hair dramatically, turned and stomped right into the doorjamb. Sigh… To his credit, Wizard didn’t laugh, but I did because how could I not?
- So before we moved, I carefully packed my laptop. Then once we starting unpacking, I couldn’t find it. We were so busy, I didn’t worry about it, but I kept trying to remember if we’d discarded it or not. It bugged me, but weirdly, I don’t think I ever told Wizard I couldn’t find it. But yesterday, like 15 months after we moved in, I found it! I was in the hall closet, looked up and noticed all our computer bags lined up on the shelf. It hit me that I’d packed it safely in it’s travel bag. I think Wizard moved it over himself, and put it in the closet out of the way of the movers to keep it safe. It was so safe, I lost it for 15 months! But I found it eventually! Then once I charged it, I started it up and realized it was still password protected. Long story short, it took wizard and I all day to remember the password we were 100% sure we’d never forget!
- Trying to bake zucchini bread in my oven is like trying to bake it in a Susie Bake Oven. It doesn’t matter what I did to adjust that recipe I used for decades, including squeezing every gram of water out of the zucchini I could. Also, why do I keep trying the same recipe I know has consistently failed in my oversized Susie Bake Oven? But whatever, the baking goes on, and so far, my oven is working well enough. So my guess is the oven has a grudge against zucchini bread. So far, I’ve made cranberry orange break (it is fine), a new to me recipe of gluten and dairy free red velvet cookies — they seem okay but I’m not a red velvet fan so we’ll see, and I made the dough for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and dairy and gluten free chocolate chip cookies. I’ll bake those two today. Still on my to do list is: Lemon cookies, pistachio nut cookies, chocolate mocha cookies, and thumbprint cookies. I also have an appetizer, roasted potatoes, Mexican rice and two desserts to make for various parties. I should probably make a nice Christmas dinner for Wizard and I too, but we’ll see.
- One night this week, Wizard went to bed and Maggie thought she heard someone at our door. She quiet-barked the information to me, and then suggested I hurry up and check. To Maggie, this means I put her in a sit, open the door and check. But it was dark and I wasn’t expecting a delivery so I put her in a sit and checked through the peep hole. As I suspected, it was just a delivery truck stopped right in front of our house, but it wasn’t for us. I turned and told her no one was there. She tilted her head at me in the doggy version of: “You can’t see through doors human, you must open it.” Finally she just huffed and walked away, clearly concerned for my mental health. In her defense, she doesn’t know I have a peephole in the door since she’s too short to see it. It cracked me up that she was actually annoyed.
- Tonight, we are going to see Turbo’s school Christmas play. All but middle son are going, which is awesome. The play is at 3:30 and middle son has a work obligation. After the play, we’re all going to dinner after too. It’s great that we all think the 5 year old child in the family matters enough to stop the stressful holiday prep and enjoy some family time. It’ll be good for us. Also today, I guess I have to finally send out the Christmas cards too since Wizard printed all the labels to help me. I appreciate it even if I didn’t want to send the cars, LOL!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone is able to find some time this weekend for some downtime or do something that helps you relax and regroup. Enjoy the weekend! And remember to stay safe, especially if you’re on the road as there will likely be holiday parties this weekend, some of which will serve alcohol.