Archive for August, 2017
« Previous Page
Monday, August 14th, 2017
It’s been a pretty good weekend all things considered. Wizard and I finally pulled the trigger and booked our airline tickets to go to Florida for the NINC Conference in October. It’s at a beautiful resort right on the gulf and we’re both excited. I’m going to split my time between going to workshops and hanging out with Wizard. I just hope nothing goes wrong and I can get on that plane now that we’ve bought expensive airline tickets. We still can’t get any resolution with my physical problems including nerve pain, tinnitus and queasiness which can making flying an interesting challenge. But you know, sometimes you just have to leap and hope it’ll work out.
Otherwise, I wrestled with the book and rewriting pages. I had to fix a timeline issue that I knew was going to be a problem weeks ago, but I kept fighting it. It’s so irritating when I do that! I waste more time trying to make it work instead of going back and fixing it all. I really love how Liza and Justice have both grown so much, and their love really will triumph in Savaged Devotion.
After this book is done, I plan to take a break, then I’m really looking forward to getting back into the Wing Slayer Hunter World to tell Eli’s story in Primal Magic and Ram and Ginny’s story in Fallen Magic. Frankly, I, and maybe the world in general, could use a little magic right now.
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Happy Friday! And it’s time for Friday Five where we share five random things about our week. Assuming I can remember five things…
- At dinner last night, Wizard and I got in a fight about donuts. We never fight about normal things like money or kids. Nope, we fight about donuts. Wizard has a craving and is trying to convince me that we must buy at least six or a dozen at a time. I insisted we can buy one for each of us, or just one for himself. He called me mean. This is pretty much how we fight. Then we started talking about something else and forgot we were fighting
- Wednesday I went to physical therapy again. I feel like I must warn people–when a physical therapist tells you to lay down on a table, RUN! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN! Okay it wasn’t that bad, and what’s she’s doing is necessary but…ouch, and also, good job at finding that really sore tendon the very first try, LOL!
- Why is it my characters talk nonstop to me all night long and when I’m doing anything but writing. But the second I sit down at the computer, they’re suddenly mute?
- Insomnia sucks.
- I’m going to lunch with Biker Witch today, and that’s pretty much the highlight of my weekend. Otherwise it’s me riding herd on the characters in Savaged Devotion. One day, I will tame this book, one day…
Now it’s your turn, tell me five random things about your week. And have a great weekend!
Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
I’ve been on a cowboy reading jag lately. But when I went looking on my two stock sites that I buy pictures from, this is the best I could find:
So what do you think, is he worthy?
Monday, August 7th, 2017
Had a great weekend, but wow I’m tired as I’m typing this on Sunday night. All the kids just left, we ate, swam, had decadent chocolate cake, and the kids and Wizard got me a new laptop computer for my birthday. My old laptop was a dinosaur, this one is a bit smaller and lighter. It’s totally unexpected and I’m thrilled!
Jett (Middle Son’s dog) came to visit too. On Saturday, Middle Son sent me a text that said, “I told Jett how you are. He thought it was hilarious.” With this picture:
I was in the kitchen cleaning the counters, and had stopped to check my phone and take a drink of coffee–I laughed so hard I splurted coffee and had to clean the counters again
And at our house, Jett’s not allowed on the couch. But while the rest of us were out in the pool, this happened:
Special K (CPA Boy’s wife) was supposed to be watching him, but instead of telling him to get off the couch, she took a picture. Then she texted it to all of us to let us know how the no-couch rule is working out. I love her!! LOLOL!
How was your weekend?
Friday, August 4th, 2017
Let’s do our Friday Five where we list five random things about our week:
- I had a great birthday!
- I got medically overruled on Yoga and am not allowed to try again until we resolve my shoulder
- On the same subject, in the a last ten days I’ve seen two specialists, a new physical therapist and today I see my GP to get a referral to a pain management specialist, and try to get everyone on the same page for a treatment plan. Which is a lot like herding cats. I’m so over this. Basically I have two different diagnosis–a problem in my shoulder and a problem in my neck. No one knows which came first. But it looks like the two met up in a perfect storm to annoy the shit out of me. (Okay that last part isn’t an actual medical diagnosis, but an expression of my frustration, LOL!)
- Yesterday I had time to write! And I wrote until I couldn’t do it anymore. Today I hope I can do it again.
- The kids are all coming out with Jett. I’m so looking forward to it!
Okay now it’s your turn to share your Friday Five!
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
So Monday we had a fire in the hills behind out house. We were lucky this was a couple of miles from our house and moving away from us.
This is from our backyard.
This is close up to the fire before the police closed off all the roads. Note: We were not in the way of any emergency vehicles.
A huge shout out to the Fire Departments! They got crews on the ground, and both water and fire-retardant dropping aircraft in the air, very quickly and knocked down the worst of it in about six hours.
Then Tuesday we had a massive storm cell with thunder, lightning and torrential rains move through. This isn’t a great picture, but can you see how hard it’s raining? It was wild!
More possible thunderstorms are predicted today…which isn’t ideal for us. We planned to go out to dinner for my birthday. We won’t go if it’s pouring and snarls the traffic. Even this chocolate cake–
–isn’t worth fighting Southern California traffic in a downpour. Trust me, people in So Cal can’t drive in the rain! But I can’t really complain since the kids are all coming out this weekend, bringing the food and cake, and doing all the cooking too. I’m looking forward to that!
Now for our Wednesday Worthy candidate. I chose him because he looks like he looks like he could be a fireman taking a break.
So what do you think, is he worthy?
« Previous Page